I picked up a 04 SRT-10 Ram

UtOhCop

Established Member
4500 Miles, Nav, Black.. Perfect in every way. 31,500 out the door. Will be picking her up tomorrow.

I had been looking at a Lightning but i fell so inlove with the Ram the first time i drove it.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I just want to drive one, thats all! They are really nice tho. I love the Silver one's. BUT: I am Ford all tha WAY!!!!!! :rockon:

UtOhCop

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Wow, that's one hell of a price. Nice truck, have fun with it.

Funny thing is that they had originally said they wanted 33K + TTL. So today i went and spoke to the Sales Manager and offered him 31K out the door. He said 31,500 and the deal was done.

If you've never driven one... All i can say is omg. It has the .50 6th gear and even at idle you can feel the massive torque the 8.3L makes.

First mod is going to be a short shifter. Stock shifter sucks.

2k1cobra

Established Member
The truck is nice but dodge has so many appearence packages for the regular ram i cant tell if its a real srt-10 or not. :nonono: :poke: :bash:

UtOhCop

Established Member
2k1cobra said:
The truck is nice but dodge has so many appearence packages for the regular ram i cant tell if its a real srt-10 or not. :nonono: :poke: :bash:

I couldn't agree more. The only thing to tell them apart is the SRT-10 badges and the Viper powered badges on the hood.

I just woke up and will be going to pick it up in a few hours. :-D

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Congrats on your truck. They are fun to drive no doubt about that. I really enjoy driving my dads. I just hope your tranny holds up better than ours did :mj: . The only major let down I have had with ours is the power. I was really expecting it to be quicker than it is. Nice price though really sucks because we are looking to trade ours in soon on either a 07 Cobra or a new Z06 or regular C6. KBB is still 40,000 on trade in value so I am hoping we can find a dealer who will give us that. Congrats on the truck :beer:

UtOhCop

Established Member
cobra_4 said:
Congrats on your truck. They are fun to drive no doubt about that. I really enjoy driving my dads. I just hope your tranny holds up better than ours did :mj: . The only major let down I have had with ours is the power. I was really expecting it to be quicker than it is. Nice price though really sucks because we are looking to trade ours in soon on either a 07 Cobra or a new Z06 or regular C6. KBB is still 40,000 on trade in value so I am hoping we can find a dealer who will give us that. Congrats on the truck :beer:

It seems these trucks are having a hard time selling. The dealer where i'm buying mine has 3 brand new ones and no one has come to look at them. It's a shame. The truck is pretty ****ing awesome.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah they were hard to get at first. We had to pay sticker for ours but then then Dodge flooded the market with them. I'm sure three dollars a gallon isn't helping any. Ours gets horrible gas mileage. We are lucky to get 11mpg if we take it easy. If I dog it I get more like 7-8. The tranny in ours went out with 850 miles on it. Another guy in town bought one and his tranny went out with about 200 miles on it. May have been an early production problem because both the trucks were made close to the same time. Dodge covered it no problem but I am worried about the new tranny. The truck has 1300 miles on it now and the new one is starting to act up.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
UtOhCop said:
It seems these trucks are having a hard time selling. The dealer where i'm buying mine has 3 brand new ones and no one has come to look at them. It's a shame. The truck is pretty ****ing awesome.

My local Dodge dealership has a plethura of performance vehicles currently offered by Dodge. The SRT-10's are sitting there with virtually no interest from buyers. Although I did see one being driven yesterday by what seemed to be a younger kid along with a salesmen. I was somewhat taken aback that such a young appearing individual was allowed to drive it. While the SRT-10 is a nice looking truck, the price for a new one is obsurd. Across the street, the SRT-4's seem to gather an amazing amount of attention from the young and old alike.

UtOhCop

Established Member
SolarYellow said:
My local Dodge dealership has a plethura of performance vehicles currently offered by Dodge. The SRT-10's are sitting there with virtually no interest from buyers. Although I did see one being driven yesterday by what seemed to be a younger kid along with a salesmen. I was somewhat taken aback that such a young appearing individual was allowed to drive it. While the SRT-10 is a nice looking truck, the price for a new one is obsurd. Across the street, the SRT-4's seem to gather an amazing amount of attention from the young and old alike.

If it was in Wilkes-Barre then you probably saw me. :lol:

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
SolarYellow said:

Here in MN they are finally dropping the prices on new ones. You can pick up a reg cab 05 Ram SRT for right aroud $37-$38k. The dealers finally have realized they are not selling that well. I also found a used one for $29k with 8k miles on it but could not justify trading my Lightning in on it. The Viper engine is extremely appealing though. Hope you enjoy it!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
svtTom01 said:
Here in MN they are finally dropping the prices on new ones. You can pick up a reg cab 05 Ram SRT for right aroud $37-$38k. The dealers finally have realized they are not selling that well.

This sounds very familiar to the Silverado SS that was extremely overpriced when it first hit the lots. The price seemed to drop substantially when the SS did nothing but gather dust when no one was buying them. As much as I liked the Lightning (even though I still do), the SRT-10 has grown on me. Seeing it in pictures or on the net does not do it any justice. In person it looks wonderful. Looks and performance aside, it still is a hard sale.

WB Dodge is the dealership. So yes, technically it was in WB.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Heck, here in Orlando, they still have a MARKUP on them!! If I could get a Quad Cab SRT-10 for around $34-$35K, Id be all over it. I dont think thats going to happen though.. And the gas mileage would KILL ME. :nonono:

Sweet trucks though. Nice buy. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread