I nominate this moron for a Darwin award.

nj7703

Established Member
Store Clerk Accepts Fake $200 Bill, Makes Change

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - At first glance it looked like the real thing, so store clerk Kathryn Miller was happy to accept the $200 bill as payment -- and even make change.

The bill did carry a picture of President Bush (news - web sites), but he is not one of the presidents who appear on the U.S. currency and in any case there is no such thing as a $200 bill.

That did not stop Miller, who works at Fashion Bug, a women's clothing store in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, from taking the bill in payment for an item costing $99.

She also gave change to Deborah Trautwine, a resident of nearby Jeanette, said Jeanne Martin, a spokeswoman for the state police in Greensburg.

"Anyone with any bit of knowledge should have recognized that it wasn't the real thing," Martin said.

Trautwine, who was located by police on the basis of information from the clothing store, was charged on Wednesday with forgery, theft by deception, and receiving stolen property.

The bill was probably a joke rather than a forgery, said Martin. "It was some sort of gag money," she said.

She didn't know whether Miller still works at Fashion Bug.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Yeah she is a total dumb a** but I think in order to be eligible for a Darwin Award you have to kill yourself in the commision of dumb act.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by REX-RACER
Yeah she is a total dumb a** but I think in order to be eligible for a Darwin Award you have to kill yourself in the commision of dumb act.

You are 100% right

"The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of
the human genome by honoring those who accidentally
kill themselves in really stupid ways."

So we need a a new award to give to these folks that continue to live/work among us.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
You are 100% right

"The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of
the human genome by honoring those who accidentally
kill themselves in really stupid ways."

So we need a a new award to give to these folks that continue to live/work among us.

Give her a gun and tell her it's a lighter.

afro

Why?
Established Member
Yah, that is pretty stupid, but the people who recieve Darwin awards have to be dead. I think you can get an honorable mention or something if you do something and still live.

I was watching the "Today" show this morning and Al said "Yah, and I bet she got two, $33 bills in change"

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I'm not gonna say much, Ive heard that 35% of US citizens don't know the president of the united states, or who the first president was either.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
A customer tried to pay me with one of those bills before... Only difference was that he was joking. They're printed on regular paper and have disclosures clearly printed on them for christ's sake. :nonono:

afro

Why?
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
I'm not gonna say much, Ive heard that 35% of US citizens don't know the president of the united states, or who the first president was either.

Yah, no kidding. My friend who is always talking about democrats and how they want to take his guns away from him asked me a few months ago "Who is the Vice President?!"..I said "Wth, you seriously don't know who the VP is??? How could you not know, you voted for him.."

Disappointing..

-fro

Users who are viewing this thread