I never though this was coming....

94venomV8

Established Member
Well guys I have been doing this project on my car for about 2 years now, it's about to be finished I got my break in tune back from Tim Barth and now that Boosted03 sent me FREE intake bolts (which I can't tell him how much I appreciate) I have the intake on, and am getting a few fuel fittings and minor this and that. Anyway, that's not what the main idea to this thread is....Here it goes. With the car being done and a proven runner and running perfect what can I expect to sell it for? I'm going though. Real hard time right now with school and on top of this the wife and I are potentially getting a divorce, we've been to counseling however I have the devil for a mother in law that is constantly trying to break us and she will not take her out of the marriage, on top of this she has treated to me badly for the past few months and I found out a few days ago that there may be another guy involved. She seems to want to be civil about this and is actually giving me my house and a lot of stuff as well as 50/50 for our kids which is my main concern. So needless to say I need to sell my car at some point to have some cash to make sure my bills our paid. I have a few thousand worth of credit cards to pay off and I will be debt free except for my house, so that's what I want to do, and then buy a motorcycle to save on gas until I graduate and am a doctor in 1 year. I will then get back into a nice car again. Anyways here is the basic mod list and for those of you that have followed it will be in perfect running rod when sold and completed not a project. Whats it worth?

Engine:
Teksid block .020 with Manley rods and Manley pistons
B heads ported and valve job done by NA SVT
Stock cams degreed to 116 intake/108exhaust.
Custom front mount b head intake
Front facing hot side with stronger clampco v-bands custom made for kit
T series 76mm .96 a/r exhaust turbonetics turbo
Front mount intercooler
Mishimoto radiator 3 core
Everything is powder coated to match car
Bunch of other things as well, new lifters, springs, etc

Suspension:
upr k member kit
All poly bushings
Che extreme race rear girdle
Tokicos 5 way adjustable shocks
Upr bump steer and caster camber plates
Che rear shock tower brace
Subframe connectors

Fuel:
walbro external race pump 1200hp rated
10 an feed line
6an return
Sumped fuel tank
Aeromotive a1000 regulator
1/2 billet rails powdered red
Expensive fittings to customize install all anodized black
80lbs frpp injectors

Transmission and rearend:
t56 built by D&D 26spline input all upgraded shift forks and internals
Spec 3+ clutch with fidanza flywheel
Built rear with Detroit locker diff with helical gears not clutches
31 spline moser axles
All new bearings, etc.

Exterior/interior:
S281 wing
Saleen wheels
Drilled Slotted rotors
Cobra R hood
Complete interior out of 03 cobra
In dash DVD player
All upr billet pieces and covers
Blue led gauge lighting
10" pioneer sub and pioneer amp

Anyway that's all I feel like typing, car will Have around 800hp and runs off e85 as well. There is a ton I'm leaving out I know but that's the important stuff. I built the car to handle 800hp on a daily basis and run a mid 140mph trap at the track at full weight and 18" radials. Thanks let me know what you think I could get

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
wow Jace..sorry to hear that man.. i know you have had tons into this car and alot of workk and tinkering..i have never seen a picture of the car in my life but idk with only me reading half that mod list and looking to sell fast id say 14500 to 18000 holding out..idk i could be off..but just throwing it out there in this market..

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I bet you could get around $15k for it. 03/04's are just too cheap these days. As I'm sure you know though, you're better off parting it out for maximum return on investment.

Sorry to hear about the marital troubles. I hope things work out for you and your wife.

TDUB003

Established Member
It seems that built cars are going for cheap these days. As mentioned above I would say your best bet is to part it for what you have into it. However, list it for what you think it is worth and you may just have someone come along who is willing to pay it.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that! I hope everything turns around for ya. But like you said the kids are the main thing and it seems like it will work out for you

Alscobra

Established Member
If you're gonna be a doctor in a year and will be making good money when it's all over than no big deal. Build another later and take care of your priorities. Good luck.

modforce

Established Member
Agree. Kids first and stability for them. I know we like our toys but you will be able to get another one later on. Hopefully you and your wife can work it out. just remember ask GOD for strength as I understand what your going through to a point.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
that sucks, sorry to hear about that. Things will get better, i agree with what has been said though, part it out and sell the car. Way more money back.

94venomV8

Established Member
I thought about doing that, but when I was seeing what I spent on parts (and all except a few small things are new) I just didn't see how I would make that much. I was thinking a few thousand for the long block, a few thousand for the Turbo kit, a couple for the trans, maybe 750 for the interior, and all the suspension and rear would need to stay. And then maybe a few thousand for the roller. Even then I'm looking at 11000 at most and would need to tear it all back apart. I know I could sell it for more then that running with 800hp. Honestly guys im looking for a quick sale, I'm not going to throw a ridiculous price on her and let it sit, I would be happy with around 14K or so and I bought the car for 10,500 and have done all the work above since then. Hell the turbo and hot side make up that difference and your getting a high dollar fuel system, 03 cobra interior, t56 built trans, built rear and everything else for only $2500 more. Idk mYbe I should part it, kinda would be nice to have money rolling in, I just know that I would love to drive the car too. Maybe I should sell all the power adder stuff and just get it running NA sell it for 9000 or something with all the suspension and built rear, trans, etc. Damn idk what to do. Either way I gotta drive this thing at least a couple times after all this stress and heartache. I'm gonna finish it and probably list it soon after. If you guys know anyone that wants a 800+ hp car that is built to the max and drives like a stock car let me know. I would also trade for a Harley of some sort, I got rid of my other one and now I need one to cut down on gas in my truck, going through $75 a week in gas is killing me, and when I had my motorcycle to ride I was spending like $15 a week.

Users who are viewing this thread