I need to know what fuse controls the o2 sensors in my car

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Just replaced the 2 front sensors this morning and the same codes pop up when its a cold start. p1000 p0135 p0155. But if I reset the SES light after the engine is already warmed up the SES light will not come back on. This leads me to believe the sensors are not being heated and possibly a fuse could be the culprit.

I cant find my owners guide and my haynes guide doesn't have the diagram. :mj:

Thanks for any help

SonicBlueGT03

Established Member
Just replaced the 2 front sensors this morning and the same codes pop up when its a cold start. p1000 p0135 p0155. But if I reset the SES light after the engine is already warmed up the SES light will not come back on. This leads me to believe the sensors are not being heated and possibly a fuse could be the culprit.

I cant find my owners guide and my haynes guide doesn't have the diagram. :mj:

Thanks for any help

Hey man i had same issue with mine. I talked to bobcat and he said that you replace a side (drivers/passengers) at a time not front back. If you do so tham your banks with have all sorts of readings, meaning fronts reading lean and rears reading rich or vice versa. so try reaplacing the back two since you did the fronts and see if that helps.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Hey man i had same issue with mine. I talked to bobcat and he said that you replace a side (drivers/passengers) at a time not front back. If you do so tham your banks with have all sorts of readings, meaning fronts reading lean and rears reading rich or vice versa. so try reaplacing the back two since you did the fronts and see if that helps.

They (bob and tim) replaced my sensors when I had it tuned. Seems like they are always having issues with them during tuning.

I have my rears turned off with my tune so I don't think replacing them (and spending more $$$) would help??? I just did replace the two fronts.

Last edited:

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Check fuse # 2 and # 8 under the dash.

2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 Fuse Locations

One of them might be blown...and also check your wiring to see if any of them is exposed and causing a short.

That's great info thank you.

I put the sensors in yesterday and zip tied everything down nice so it was barely even touching the transmission. But you never know. As soon as I can get under it I will check.

Last edited:

SonicBlueGT03

Established Member
Idk, my car started running like shit and the code that came up said it was a Fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. i replaced that. it ran fine for a few days. than wouldnt run any more. it was down for over a month the dealer said that it needed a whole new computer they wanted $1000, i called bob and he replaced the O2's and just messed with tune and she came back to life

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Idk, my car started running like shit and the code that came up said it was a Fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. i replaced that. it ran fine for a few days. than wouldnt run any more. it was down for over a month the dealer said that it needed a whole new computer they wanted $1000, i called bob and he replaced the O2's and just messed with tune and she came back to life

Nice, bob's pretty good with the computer that's for sure. Ill just give him a call tomorrow and see what he thinks.

The car runs fine but I was just so looking forward to not having that damn light on my dash board!

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
cant you just turn them off with a tune?

I don't think you can turn off the front o2 sensors.

After a full tank of gas I have seen a 50 mile gain through out the whole tank of gas in mileage, that's nice.

Still have the light on but am going to a local tuner (bob monks) to get it sorted out. He said he could fix it with the tune. Hopefully. :beer:

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Took the car down to Bobs Thursday and they took off the wiring harness and checked conductivity and everything looked good. Pretty weird.

PCM?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I also have the code P0135, had the car tuned and replaced the both front 02 sensors and it still shows up! I replaced them with Bosch 02 sensors, and i think thats the problem they dont work very good with our cars and are required for Motorcraft o2 sensors. I also have long tube headers.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I dont know, it would just be weird for both to have the exact same problem at the exact same time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a time for warm up in the tune. This needs to be lengthened when you run long tubes. The sensors don't heat up as quick because they're moved further away from the motor. So the computer sees this as a faulty sensor. That's why it doesn't come back after you clear the code when it's warmed up.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
There's a time for warm up in the tune. This needs to be lengthened when you run long tubes. The sensors don't heat up as quick because they're moved further away from the motor. So the computer sees this as a faulty sensor. That's why it doesn't come back after you clear the code when it's warmed up.

Oh really, i didnt know that.

Let say i have SCT Xcal2, am i able to do this feature or would i have to take it to an actual tuner to enable this feature. As far as im concern i dont have that feature. Maybe you can help on that.

01yellercobra

Established Member
For my software it has to be done in the tune. My SCT software is missing some stuff that the pros use.

Users who are viewing this thread