I need to get my car tuned bad.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im going to talk to Fastlane tomorrow about getting my car tuned. I just got it back about 2 weeks ago from having the motor rebuilt and my CEL is on. I ran the codes the other night but didnt write them down.:bash: Im going to try and run the codes tonight and have them ready for tomorrow.

My question is, my car seems like its having trouble staying on, the idle is all over the place and it runs like its not getting enough fuel or something, i dont know. Is that something they can fix while tuning it? I have no cats and i know at least one of the codes is my car is running lean and I think another was something with the MAF?

I hope they can fix whats wrong with my car while tuning it and it doesnt turn into this huge ordeal.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What has been modified with the new motor?

Everything was put back using OEM parts. He did however change out an o2 sensor because he said he was bad. I believe after he did that it started idling a little rough until it warmed up. Now it idles and drives rough all the time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the motor is stock then it's a mechanical issue. Unless there's a tune in the computer for a different set up. Have you done the basics as far as making sure all plugs are connected and there are no vacuum leaks? Are the plugs for the O2 sensors on the correct side? That's been known to happen.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I havent checked that yet but I have a theory. I did a 3rd-4th gear pull about 4 days ago, 2 days before this started, and I heard something "pop" off my car at the top of 3rd. It sounded like a bolt or something flew off my car and hit my exhaust. Im thinking my new o2 sensor vibrated loose over the course of a week and then flew off when i was at the top of 3rd thus making my car run like crap. Would not having an o2 sensor make your car idle and run rough?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes it would. The computer would be looking for a sensor that isn't there. But I would think you'd also get a code for a slow sensor response and have a pretty loud exhaust leak.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Bingo! That sounds like it. I do have a pretty bad exhaust leak, right around the headers and I may have had a code for slow sensor response but not have remembered it. I will have to check it out.

Thanks for all the help man I really appreciate it. :beer:

Last edited:

guitar maestro

Established Member
^ Bingo! That sounds like it. I do have a pretty bad exhaust leak, right around the headers and I may have had a code for slow sensor response but not have remembered it. I will have to check it out.

exhaust leaks are tuning nightmares, since it ruins the closed-loop fueling logic that maintains that perfect 14.7:1 a:f ratio. Mechanical issues absolutely have to be fixed before tuning, anything else is a band aid. So did you get tuned after all?

2002BLGT

Established Member

So did Fastlane fix it ?

Users who are viewing this thread