I need to get a stock PCM, FAST!!!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Befriend a local Ford employee and have them purchase one from your local Ford dealership.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
You can buy them at fordpartsonline. You will have to have it flashed I think and have the PATs programmed, but a locksmith can do that.

Terminator03

banned
I was hoping someone on here would have connections. I think I am the first person in the Country to actually have their PCM completely replaced, no reflash, no unlocking PATS. Just straight up replaced. Im having the hardest time trying to get a hold of one. No one has it stocked. Had one being shipped..... NEVER CAME. I dont know what to do.

tommygun

Established Member
ford dealership 225.00 + 100 core and you get the correct calib but you will still have to have it flashed for the keys

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
I was hoping someone on here would have connections. I think I am the first person in the Country to actually have their PCM completely replaced, no reflash, no unlocking PATS. Just straight up replaced. Im having the hardest time trying to get a hold of one. No one has it stocked. Had one being shipped..... NEVER CAME. I dont know what to do.
If ya dont mind me asking, why do ya need a new one?

coleman

Established Member
yeah, why do you need one so fast ... do tell!
might it be another reason NOT to use nitrous?

tommygun

Established Member
3r3a-12a650-ya

must order for calib code specific to vehicle

03TRMN8R

Established Member
I tried to order it through my work. They (Ford) said it's a restricted part and as a disributor I can't order it. Only dealers can order and sell them.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I replaced mine several months ago. Went to a local Ford dealer and ordered it. 2 days later I had it. No big deal. Had the latest flash, but still has to be mated to the car.
It is more difficult if your old one was fried like mine was. Then you have to start from scratch. If your old one has data accessible, the switch is a lot easier. Mine wasn't.

$229 with the old one.

Dana

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I have one sitting in my desk draw at work, YDH1. I called my dealer who we deal with at the shop and had it a few days later. I don't understand why you are having so many problems>??? -Mat-

Quick03SVT

Established Member
Hey if you have your Cobra chipped and have issues, can you switch out the PCM and skip the hassle about warranty? I mean I am guessing this is why Terminator03 needs one. Seems like a great way to spend $250.

I could do a search but since we are on the subject...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
No, you can not just switch the PCM's back and forth. Each time they are changed, they have to be mated to the car.
Much easier said than done.

Dana

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by Quick03SVT
Hey if you have your Cobra chipped and have issues, can you switch out the PCM and skip the hassle about warranty? I mean I am guessing this is why Terminator03 needs one. Seems like a great way to spend $250.

I could do a search but since we are on the subject...

Yes you can, you just need to get the PATS programmed so your key will the start the car with the new computer. It also is a little over $300 for a new PCM if you have to pay the core charge. I bought one a few months ago and it has the same code as my old PCM, so slap it in program the PATS and go. :D -Mat-

a94cobra

Established Member
Is programming the PATS an easy thing? Can one do this at home?

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
No, you can not just switch the PCM's back and forth. Each time they are changed, they have to be mated to the car.
Much easier said than done.

Dana

Not always true. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread