I need the camera experts

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I work for a commercial construction company, and we want to take in house photos of projects (as well as hired professional) both during and after construction. The photos we currently have are "okay", but I feel we could be taking ten times better photos with the right equipment. I cant attach example photos from our website to give you an idea of what we do, but here is the link Aurora Contractors, Inc.

I have no clue what kind of lenses to get, but I feel the D90 would definitely suit our needs. I will most likely use multiple interlaced photos (HDR) as well as time exposed for night shots. I just dont know what lenses to get for that "professional look".

The photos below are not projects our company did, but used to show what I am looking for.

Skyscraperconstruction.png

DBanksComExt01.jpg

Suggestions?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member

GodStang

Established Member
I have the Sigma 10-20mm its pretty nice but I have it on a Canon. The factory lens on the D90 is really good for a stock lens. I know 2 guys that have no idea what theyy are doing and just bought D90s and their pics are unreal. Looks like they have been taking pics for years with stock lens.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
i shoot cannon but have heard good things about nikkon and the d90..

you will surely need a ultra wide angle for that camera beacause of its crop sensor.

check out Tamron , Tokina , and Sigma for their UWA's..

you will also need a good tri-pod too in case of a long exposure:D

bone stock

Established Member
Those photos are amazing! I would imagine we would purchase the lenses- any recommendations as to which ones to go with?

Sigma 10-20mm is the best wide angle lens for the price. Nikon makes wide angle lenses as well but you will be paying for the name.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
i shoot cannon but have heard good things about nikkon and the d90..

You will surely need a ultra wide angle for that camera beacause of its crop sensor.

Check out tamron , tokina , and sigma for their uwa's..

You will also need a good tri-pod too in case of a long exposure:d

+1

Users who are viewing this thread