I need T-56 help. :(

Davis83

Established Member
some issues.. after i spanked a GTO i tried to shift into 5th and all i got was grindage, then it went into 6th fine. eventually it quit grinding goin into 5th but then 6th started to grind, once in 6th it wouldnt allow me to shift out of 6th into neutral without playing with the clutch pedal a bit and pressin and giving it some gas. today the grindage in 5th is back but now its popping out of gear in 5th, and still grinding goin into 6th..can the Countershaft be at fault if the 5th and 6th gears are acting up intermediatley? maybe the bearings?? *much help needed.. please and thank u..:??:

Davis83

Established Member
Rebuild.. So then why is it Intermediately happening? A syncro or a bent fork would do that?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
my guess would be the syncro... 5th and 6th gear use the same syncro. It could also be the wear ring going bad on the syncro. Id replace both while your at it. D&D sells kits with everything you need. If I'm not mistaken, the 5th-6th gear syncro/wear rings are the 1st set you come to when you pull the case apart.

Users who are viewing this thread