I need some technical help

hotcobra03

Established Member
There is also a link for swaps.

It shows all the power and ground locations needed to properly power up car.

And what needs changing to match parts used

hotcobra03

Established Member
The reading you got on sensor says it is working

If solo. Like I work.

You can wire a button to starter

And probe at main engine connector c133.

See if the same reading shows on meter.

I’m assuming you kept main harness to pcm in car.

ImPhobia

Established Member
based on everything i've found on the ole interwebs, it looks like the teeth should point toward the front of the engine. the 1 tooth gap should be just clockwise from the woodruff key on the crank, if that helps (just in case it's a billet wheel or something).
even if the wheel is on backwards, you should still get a signal from the crank sensor.
That's what I was thinking, I tore the car apart yesterday and put a new sensor in it just to be sure it wasn't the sensor. No dice, still didn't get spark or injector pulse with the new sensor. With the a/c compressor still in the vicinity, I couldn't look straight on in the hole to see if I could see the teeth. I tried using a mirror and light but I couldn't get the right angles to be able to see so tomorrow im going to get the timing cover off so I can inspect the wheel. Im going to take the one off of my 2v if it needs to be replaced since that was a good running engine and they are the same part number. Incase this doesn't fix my issue does anyone have anything else I should check while everything is off of the engine? Because I really don't want to have to do this again. Also on that note if this is not the issue what could it possibly be just in anticipation for my luck to be as bad with this build as it has been thus far lol.

Its been several years since ive had mine apart but i think the gear is held on by the balancer so it could easily have come off if the cover was off and it was moved around.

I also think its impossible to put the gear on backwards as i thought it gets into the chain.
Yea that's what I saw on a youtube video, what pisses me off is I had the timing cover off to put the gasket on but I cannot remember for the life of me if that wheel was on there. I don't remember it moving around a bunch like I saw on the video so im hoping it wasn't there.

Weren't there a couple types of wheels? I remember one that had the teeth facing one way because of how it was stamped. That one will only go on one way. Then there was another that didn't have an offset to it. Maybe it could be installed backwards and not be lined up with the sensor.

Either way the wheel is keyed to the crank. Once it's on it should be timed correctly.
Ok good, glad to know it can only go on one way, I know the timing on the engine is good, and this wheel should not affect timing so it should be fine.

There is also a link for swaps.

It shows all the power and ground locations needed to properly power up car.

And what needs changing to match parts used
Ok, that's great I will have to find this link if this does not fix my issue.

The reading you got on sensor says it is working

If solo. Like I work.

You can wire a button to starter

And probe at main engine connector c133.

See if the same reading shows on meter.

I’m assuming you kept main harness to pcm in car.
Actually I didn't do it at the pcm itself, I believe c133 is the connector under the hood by the firewall and that is the one that I got the reading from that I mentioned. If I was getting a good reading from the sensor itself and the c133 connector then I would have checked the pcm.

Test with c133 unplugged and just do engine side
Like I said in the above quote, that is what I did. I unplugged that connector and checked I think it was pins 22 and 28 were for the crank position sensor.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

ImPhobia

Established Member
Finally, I have a final update for you guys :). I pulled apart the engine once again to find that the crank position trigger wheel was not even on it. I put the wheel on it and got it put together enough to start it up and sure enough, finally she came to life. Thank you everyone for your help, hopefully the information in this thread can help someone else who actually has an electrical problem.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Finally, I have a final update for you guys :). I pulled apart the engine once again to find that the crank position trigger wheel was not even on it. I put the wheel on it and got it put together enough to start it up and sure enough, finally she came to life. Thank you everyone for your help, hopefully the information in this thread can help someone else who actually has an electrical problem.
Wonder if the key way was enough to send some type of meter reading

Users who are viewing this thread