I need some opinions from my fellow sn95er's

ZimStang

Established Member
I want to do this, give me your opinions good or bad... I just REALLY like the look of it.

Before:

DSC01062.jpg

After:

12424d1143226753-anybody-need-any-choppin-zimblackhood.jpg

96badvenm

Established Member
looks ok...but i wouldnt do it. but its ur car, you have to make te final decision. By the way, you are very good at photoshop!!!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Got a old man down here with a 95GT race car, they did that exact thing but with dark grey instead of black to match his interior. Looks killer in person.

Do it, I think it looks good.

ZimStang

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Got a old man down here with a 95GT race car, they did that exact thing but with dark grey instead of black to match his interior. Looks killer in person.

Do it, I think it looks good.

Any idea how the paint held up? I plan to just use the krylong fusion rattle can paint that I used on my rear valence and cowl. Its held up fine on my cowl all summer without fading or scratching or anything so Im pretty confident itll hold up. Plus, my car will be in a garage now finally... so no more sunny days to fade it out.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Its a good accent, I think it reallt sets it apart from most of the other SN95's out there. Go for it. :rockon:

98cobra4.6

Blow me away.....
Established Member
ZimStang said:
Any idea how the paint held up? I plan to just use the krylong fusion rattle can paint that I used on my rear valence and cowl. Its held up fine on my cowl all summer without fading or scratching or anything so Im pretty confident itll hold up. Plus, my car will be in a garage now finally... so no more sunny days to fade it out.
just have it shot by your local body man.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
ZimStang said:
Well, his son is a painter for a body shop so it held up great.

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
I like it red, but go for it if you want.
Worse case scenario is it looks bad and you have to get a 96-98 Cobra hood. :rolling: :poke:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT, VERY COOL AND A CLEAN LOOK :coolman: :beer: :beer: :beer: :banana: :beer: :pepper: :rockon: :rockon:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I actually really like it! I would say go for it. But i would consider getting it done at a body shop.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Looks cool - I'd do the spoiler too.

Where did you get you headlights? How's the quality of them?

Last edited:

montanagrog

Established Member
If it was described to me, I wouldn't have liked the idea, but the pictures look good. I too, recommend having it professionally sprayed. Raddle can paint jobs, especially on a big flat panel like the hood will not look good. The paint doesn't flow and blend well.

Users who are viewing this thread