I need some advise!!!!

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I hardly ever get my car out, but when I do I always have people messing with me. I never bite though. Anyway I never take it to car shows or when I go to meets I just park by myself. Im humble I guess. So my buddy sent me a txt saying he had someone that wanted to race me.

I said only at the track first of all. Then he told me what he had.

99 Camaro SS 100 shot NOS, and a setup for 150 NOS. I asked him if he had DR, and any other mods. Can you just hook up NOS without any other supporting mods on a F-Body? I think he would get me with the 150. I heard F-body love NOS..

EDIT: He said he has 373 gears, built AUTO TRANS, Z06 Intake... 360HP without NOS

Just let me know if I should decline and walk away, or line em up?

thanks guys!

Last edited:

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Yea I just bought some NITTO Extreme Performance NT05R Drag Radial (315/35-17)
Before i would spin all through first gear, but now she is like glue!! Great tires!

jbentley

Established Member
My car is stock other then the exhaust and a K&N filter. I raced a ctsv last sat. and he ran 12's on the track. I actually beat him both races he was shocked and so was all my friends

Punisher03

Force Fed SVT
Established Member
I've been around a lot of fbodys an have had several myself and this setup the SS has if that's all the mods are around 7.3-7.5 depending if he sprays it out the gate and if he spins or what not,ls1's do run real good on top end with nitrous but just all dpends who the better driver that nite!:beer:

Punisher03

Force Fed SVT
Established Member
But if you can get your car to hook pretty decent I would go for it! Ls1's can have nitrous with no ther supporting mods but maybe some plugs..but if he has a built transm. He prob has a stall convertor in it also I would bet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread