i need opinions on superschips

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
my buddy is selling his to me for 100 bucks off his f150, it will work for both. anyways should i just pick this thing up or should i go with a hand held like the diablosport so i can change as i mod. i would pretty much use it for my 373s and the basic mods like catback pullies intake etc. i plan on having the car tuned on a dyno later on its life to check the air/fuel so im sketchy on this chip. thoughts???

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Eh. Buy an excal 2. I've had one since May and its freakin great.

They are about to release the new firmware so you can datalog without a laptop.

Fast as nutz uploads and downloads. And you can change your tune while at the track.

Just my .02

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Single Program Superchip, for most 1987 & up gasoline engine FoMoCo vehicles except V10's.

Some of the vehicles this can be used on are: Bronco & Bronco II, Crown Vic, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150's (all models including Lightning & supercharged Harley, etc.), F-250 Light Duty, Focus, Lincolns (except LS) Mustang (GT, Cobra, etc.), Ranger, Taurus, Thunderbird ('87-'97), SHO, etc.

Power gains average 10% more HP, and 13-15% more torque. Automatic transmission shift characteristics are recalibrated and improved for reduced slippage, quicker and firmer shifts (in direct correlation to the amount of throttle opening), etc.

The Top Speed Limiter is removed (or raised so high the vehicle can never hit it, like 180 mph, 220 mph, etc.), various transitional delays & retards are adjusted to improve overall powertrain response and performance.

Optimizing the powertrain program is generally the best "bang for the buck" performance enhancement you can add to your vehicle.

Note: Requires the use of premium gasoline, 91 octane or higher. Can be used with common bolt-on modifications such as intake kits, cat-back exhaust systems, electric fan conversions, underdrive pulleys, etc.

Custom tuning available at additional cost for more involved modifications such as superchargers, ported cylinder heads, camshaft changes, aftermarket MAF's, larger fuel injectors, etc.

Note: Computer Code is required to order this item.

Nowhere in here does it say the F150 chip will work for your Cobra trust me.

Notice the bold print at the bottom. you computer code is on the inside of the door on the passenger side. my 01 Cobras computer code is MSE3. you will not find a code for a 4V 4.6 on a F150 with a 2v 4.6 or 5.4

The codes for 99 Cobras are ZMR1-ZMR3

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Oh yeah. 3 Tunes that can be changed in 2 minutes. I've got 93 xtreme, 100 octane for the track. And an empty when I figure something else out.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Oh yeah. 3 Tunes that can be changed in 2 minutes. I've got 93 xtreme, 100 octane for the track. And an empty when I figure something else out.

N2O!!! :rockon:

Got the XCal2 also w/ two 93 octane tunes. Was a little peeved the initial launche didn't have datalogging on the unit or user adjustability so I'm waitin' on the firmware update!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah.

I got lucky and my car was used as a tester for the initial launch so I've had user adjustability since May. I got the unit and lifetime tunes for free for giving my car up for 2 days.

Its nice to live 15 minutes away from SCT.

Users who are viewing this thread