I need help with the Ford Motor Company Vehicle Security System

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
I really need some help with the Audiovox Power Code Technology Vehicle Security System, That came in some Lightnings from the dealer.

I had my lightning parked for the last few months. I had a surgery so I was unable to drive her. A few days ago I went to start it up, the batter was dead. I had the battery charged, but it did no help. I bought a new Motorcraft batter. The Truck starts up fine. Now I have a problem with the Power Code Technology Vehicle Security System. The red LED on the radio shroud will not stop blinking. It goes off even when Im driving the truck. It is only supposed to blink when the doors are locked, and truck is turned off. It would go off in the past when I had the doors locked, and would open them with out using the remote. Now nothing happens when I do. Also before The horn would start honking when I entered the wrong pass code on the key less entry. Now I can press random number's on the key less entry, and the horn does not go off. I know there is a push button, some kind of a reset under the dash, located by the hood, and e-brake release. But I cant seam to get it to work right?

Any help on this would be great!! I have called all the Ford dealers in my area, but they don't know any thing about Ford Motor Company Vehicle Security System.

Thanks again, Jimmy

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Have you tried the valet button yet from the alarm? Press the valet button and turn the key to the run position and watch the LED. It should change it flashing pace.

Also, is your dome light working with the doors opening?

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
I tried to push the button then turn the key to the run position, I also held it. No luck. I also held it then started it, pushed the button when the truck was running.

Yes the dome light is working when the doors open.

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
Thanks Eric for your help!! I was going nuts trying to find out why it was not working right. You were right it was in " Valet Mode". But I found out you cant turn it off by pushing the button. You have to Turn the key to the run position and back to off position three times within 10 seconds. The LED indicator will shut off, the system is now in its normal operating mode. You do the same thing to turn "Valet Mode" on.

I guess the Valet mode turned on when the batter was going low, or when it died and I had to jump it? Im happy now that the alarm is back to normal.

Thanks again Eric,

Jimmy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread