I need HELP with SCT/ECM problem

sikryd

Established Member
2011 Shelby GT500
I received my new SCT tuner today, followed the directions of updating device. I had no problems or issues copying the stock tune and loading the tune that came with it until I attempted to start my car. Here are the symptoms...
Car will not start
Gauges tweaking out
getting all kinds of warnings on the dash
fuel pump is going crazy

I attempted to load the stock file back to the ECM, but the SCT tells me that it is the incorrect vehicle. I copied the stock tune to my laptop, and ran the firmware update on the SCT again. When I tried to copy the stock tune from my pc back to the SCT, it says it can't read it.

Does anyone know what I can do, short of replacing the ECM? This is/was my daily driver, and I am now car less until I can et this issue resolved. Its Friday night, and SCT is not open till Tuesday due to weekend and Monday being a holiday.

2002BLGT

Established Member
2011 Shelby GT500
I received my new SCT tuner today, followed the directions of updating device. I had no problems or issues copying the stock tune and loading the tune that came with it until I attempted to start my car. Here are the symptoms...
Car will not start
Gauges tweaking out
getting all kinds of warnings on the dash
fuel pump is going crazy

I attempted to load the stock file back to the ECM, but the SCT tells me that it is the incorrect vehicle. I copied the stock tune to my laptop, and ran the firmware update on the SCT again. When I tried to copy the stock tune from my pc back to the SCT, it says it can't read it.

Does anyone know what I can do, short of replacing the ECM? This is/was my daily driver, and I am now car less until I can et this issue resolved. Its Friday night, and SCT is not open till Tuesday due to weekend and Monday being a holiday.

Probably have to call SCT tech line Monday

sikryd

Established Member
Yeah, thats what I figured. Sucks being in limbo... I wish these places were open on Saturdays, being that most of us work on our cars on the weekend.

sikryd

Established Member
Did you return your to stock prior to doing any updates? If not that is your issue and only SCT can correct it.

As my original post shows, I followed the directions that came with the tuner. Now the tuner says that I cant place my stock file back on the cars ECM because its the wrong vehicle. I don't know... I will be calling SCT at 4 AM Hawaii time since they are in Florida, hope to get my problem resolved tomorrow.

Last edited:

sikryd

Established Member
So it turns out that the tune I was given with my SCT was bad. I got the Shelby returned to stock with the help of SCT, then was emailed the correct file for my car. Car is now running with the following upgrades put in by myself today.

2.6" pulley
additional idler pulley
Afco dual fan H/E
JLT carbon fiber intake tube
2 JLT pcv oil catch cans

I think that I am getting some belt slip when on boost. The stock boost gauge climbs very quickly to 13 lbs, then seems to drop to 9 and climbs back up to 13. Anyone have any experience with these types of upgrades, and if you experienced belt slippage?

Users who are viewing this thread