I need help from a fellow Terminator owner- counting steering wheel turns, lock-lock

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
I am going thru all kinds of hell trying to get a re-manufactured rack for my car.

I wanted to see if an owner of an '03-'04 Cobra could help me out by turning their steering wheel all the way until it stops, then turn the steering wheel all the way to the stop on the other side and then tell me how many turns it was.

Thanks for your help!

Here is another thread where I was talking about the crap I am going thru:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362671

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man I would do it but I'm at work and my car is at home in the garage under its cover. sorry

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
I made a Beautiful Diagram for you. Hope you understand it.

So when I turn my steering wheel ALL the way left, it goes arround 1 hole turn and stops at 310 degrees. From there I spin it all the way right passing 310 degrees 2x stopping at 50 degrees. Hope this helps.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Hypr2003SVT said:
I made a Beautiful Diagram for you. Hope you understand it.

So when I turn my steering wheel ALL the way left, it goes arround 1 hole turn and stops at 310 degrees. From there I spin it all the way right passing 310 degrees 2x stopping at 50 degrees. Hope this helps.

so basically 2 1/4 turns lock to lock...

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
Yeah i was guna say 2 1/2 but i figured the diagram would be easier. Just incase he needed to adjust his steering wheel so that it stops in the right spot.

torchenvy

I e-brake all FWD cars!
Established Member
Hypr2003SVT said:
Yeah i was guna say 2 1/2 but i figured the diagram would be easier. Just incase he needed to adjust his steering wheel so that it stops in the right spot.

Hypr2003svt, thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

If I am reading the diagram correctly it sounds like 2 1/4 turns.

I am going to forward this thread to my parts guy that is helping me try to get the right rack.

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread