I need help cleaning my stock rims

RvenomR

Established Member
Does anyone have a procedure for cleaning stock 98 Cobra rims ?
Mine has (I think) brake dust stains.

Thankx

svt96snake

Established Member
Mothers mag and aluminum polish has worked for me. get a terry towel and some time and it should come out. hope it works out for you.

max

Established Member
Your stock cobra wheels came with a clear coat of urethane. Unless the coating is turning yellow or wasted, I wouldn't put a polish on it, since that will start taking off the finish. :(

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
When I bought mine they were filthy, so I took a day off, (yeah, I'm like that), washed the big stuff off with simple green and a brush, but there was still lots of tar and old dust on them. So I soaked the backside with WD-40, let it sit, and then went over it with a rag, my fingernails, and then some wax to finish it off. They looked NEW after that, and 2 months later still look damn good. Pop them off, spend some time and elbow grease and get in there and clean them. You'll be so happy, and you'll want to show everyone your rims. :)

Beeker

I agree with Max on this. I've always used Meguiar's on my wheels. I do the three step process (cleaner, polish, and carnauba wax). I do this on the wheel face as well as inside.

Users who are viewing this thread