I need electrical help!/Multi function switch

fordfx584

Established Member
So I recently discovered my hazards,cruise control,blinkers and none of the three brake lights to be working.So I first thought it was a fuse.So I checked every single fuse with a multi meter and all of them checked out fine.So then I presumed my issue was my multi function switch. (only thing that currently works on it is the wipers)I removed it and tried it on my friends 03 termi where every function worked fine.I next removed the harness and checked the continuity of every wire where they all checked out fine and all the pins were pushed in with no visible damage of any kind.So I need some help from the electrical gurus.The only function working are the wipers on the multi function switch. I have not done anything recently to my knowledge that may have danged wires.The multi function switch harness plugs into a input underneath the dash then runs into a plastic tube with a crap load of random other harnesses.I do not want to dive into that nightmare.Bottom line is I need suggestions and advice.Thanks!

hotcobra03

Established Member
Ok try this..

On side of brake pedal is a switch..

It's a deactavator switch for cruise. .

Shows 2 wires..these tie to what isn't working..

Switch needs to be reset.

Un hook from brake pedal.
Push rod into switch..should hear click.
RE connect rod to brake..push pedal to in to connect to rod..

Awtblo

03 OW Cobra
Established Member
I've seen the flasher relay cause this issue, swap it with a known good relay and retest

Users who are viewing this thread