I Need Car Cover for my'03 Cobra...help

Orange Poison

Established Member
Hi fellow Snakes,

I'm looking for a car cover for my '03 Snake....

I would like to buy a nice one...probably out of cotton, I definitely don't want a Pep Boys special.

I'm not sure, but doesn't your local Ford dealership carry these for our Cobras?

Does anyone know if there is a specific cover for the '03 Cobra?

Thanks for your help.

Tony

03_Snake

Established Member
California Car Covers

I got mine from CA Car Covers. There home office is near me, so I drove out there and picked it up in person. After looking at all of the fabrics, I chose NOAH. In SoCal, water and snow resistance isn't an issue, but dust and sun damage are, therefore my choice.

So far I real happy with it. I used to have a Covercraft cotton cover for my SVT Contour and even after using it during the day, I would still have to use a duster to get all the crap off the car. This never happens with the NOAH cover.

Hope this helps!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I got my cover from the Ford website, I don't know much about car covers so I probably should have looked around more first but I was in a hurry so I just ordered it. It says its for the 99-01 cobras but it fits mine with no problem. It has a cobra stiched on the front which looks really nice. I don't know if the quality is like the covers from CA covers but it seems alright to me. Keeps the car very cool in the sun, great for the paint/interior. Here is the site:
http://www.fordcollection.com/s10156.html

Tank

Established Member
I also got the "Noah" model from California Car Cover. The cover has the thickness to protect it from falling objects from most trees and small hail. It also fits great and covers the car almost all the way to the ground. 10 year warranty and the price was 289 plus tax ( dont quote me exactly on the price) around there. Also get a California Car Duster while your there they are worth their weight in gold.

blucobra03

Established Member
I bought a Covercraft Weathershield cover for mine. They have a wide range of covers to suit any purpose you have in mind. The Weathershield offers the ultimate protection, is very light and won't scratch the paint. It costs a little more but well worth it considering the car it protects.

C_Record

Established Member
I've used my California Car Cover Noah cover on my Explorer Sport for over two years now. Take it off every other weekend to drive the truck and have never scratched the paint. Fits great. It has grommets to attach a cable and lock to deter thieves. I'll be getting one for my new car too.

mtor9477

Established Member
Did my research on car covers for my Cobra, and here's what I found. NOAH is probably the best for price and quality if you're in warmer/dryer weather. If you plan on keepin your Cobra outside where it'll snow and rain, then you'll better go with the WEATHERSHIELD. Both are manufactured by COVERCRAFT whom suggest to buy from BIG SKY COVER Co. (bigskycover.com) or 800-221-4875. The WEATHERSHIELD is $227 plus $9 S/H. The cablelock is $8 and the carry bag is $12, or both for $12. The WEATHERSHIELD can be removed when frozen and thrown in the washing machine. NOAH does not have these features. It is also more breathable, even when wet and piled with snow. There are other places that you can get both from for fairly the same price...your choice though.

Hope this helps!

C_Record

Established Member
>>The WEATHERSHIELD can be removed when frozen and thrown in the washing machine<<

You'll need a commercial machine(found at most laundromats) to clean it properly. The covers are too big and heavy when wet for a standard home unit.

Users who are viewing this thread