I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!!!!! (and power)

snakebittn

Established Member
I just bought a 1998 blk on blk Cobra, and you know like every other Cobra owner, i need more power. Its fun to drive and all, and it has a sh!tload of power, but i just can't keep up with my friends '00 lightning. I'm just looking to put some bolt-ons that are at a reasonable price. I'm thinkin pulleys, cold-air kit, exhaust(DON'T KNOW THE BEST SO ANY HELP IS VERY HELPFUL!!!!), and from there im drawing a blank. So all u SN95 cobra owners out there I NEED HELP AND INFO!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!! THANKS FOR ALL HELP!

Bri'sMystic965

Established Member
If I were you, I would start with the following bolt ons:

off road x/h - so long as emissions aren't an issue for you, you should be able to pick up an easy 10-12 rwhp.

underdrive pulleys - also inexpensive and good for another 8 rwhp or so.

gears - I won't get into a debate of which is the perfect street gear for a n/a application, but I would suggest a minimum of 4.10s

drag radials - will come in handy laying all that power down with your new gears!

With some practice, the above mods should help you knock off better than a half a second off of your et's. If that's not enough, you can always consider going with an aftermarket mass air meter, power tube and maybe a timing adjuster down the road.

Good luck,
Brian

Wildpony

Established Member
I would go w/pulleys,gears,BBK L/T's,shifter, and some 4.10's or 4.30's. It depends on how much $$$ you want to spend to go fast.. The above things should at least let you keep even w/the "L" unless he modded the truck already???

Race4food

Established Member
Definatly start with gears 4.10's, add full exhaust, Headers,Xpipe and Cat back or just a X-pipe and Cat back to start.

I like the Bassani X and definatly the Magnaflow catback.

Then pulleys and a full cold air from the fender with a big K&N all the way to the throttle body.

The stock MAF to Throttle body pipe is actually quite restrictive.

I'm using a ported stock MAF, but a Pro-M will work well just more expensive.
Dont bother with the C&L as they are junk.
(Lots of MAF related MIL codes)

That should put you right at 295-300 RWHP with the headers and easily in the 12s at 106-108+

Users who are viewing this thread