I need a pricing on a paintjob ASAP

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
I went to a local dealership yesterday after finding an 03 GT on the internet...i was going to go and buy it cuz everything was immaculate except for a very annoying detail...there are a bunch of ponys on the the paint job...now stickers a CUSTOM PAINT JOB....and it looks very GAY.....I have got to know from somebody with paintjob experience how much would it cost me to get a paintjob white on white just to hide the horses

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
what he asking for the car? the reason Im asking is, it might be cheap just to find another car a decent paint job is going to be at LEAST $3-5K.

Tom

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
what he asking for the car? the reason Im asking is, it might be cheap just to find another car a decent paint job is going to be at LEAST $3-5K.

Tom

Yep

If the car is put together, its gonna cost an arm and a leg stripping it, prepping it, and painting it.

$3k-$5k is at a minimum for a good paint job.....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:

Tom

Not true ... The price you quote is for a complete paint job that includes removing stuff that will likely not need to be removed in this case.

If the stickers are only on the fender or the trunk the price will be considerably less.

What I would recommend is that you take the car for a test drive and run it by a paint shop and ask them. If you really really want the car and the price of the paint is something you are willing to pay then go back and buy the car. Or talk to the dealer and see if they will paint it for you in order to sell the car.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
post up a pic so we know how bad it really is. Usually the horse designs are vinyl which can be removed. Who would ruin a cobra with ponies anyway? A full paint job will cost you a minimum of 2k and more than likely run upwards of 5k. Or you could always go for the cheapie 399.00 job which aren't that horrible, just not something you want on a showpiece. (and we do tend to want to show off a cobra).

If it were me, i'd keep looking for another car. One that is the right color already.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
No more than $14 :rolleyes:

How do you expect anyone to give you an accurate answer without pictures and detailed info.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
yeah...we need pics...for a complete paint job you could get away with about 2500 for just a sanding (scuffing only), paint and clear...but if they need to strip it your looking at about 6k or more depending on those horses......that's what we charged for when I worked in a body shop.... pics are a must though....

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
i think i should let you guys know i just need a few places painted...hood scoop a few places on the sides and the bumper..not the whole car........I think I might have found a black gt tonight so i'll call that in tommorow and see whats up but if that falls through i have a friend who paints cars so it shouldnt be too expensive.......i hope

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UZEFYD4F\27165B[2].jpg

glitch1985

SVT Poster
Established Member
BtwnSVTcobra said:
sorry dont know how to insert a picture
upload it to a image hosting service ( www.imageshack.us ) and then when you have the url to the picture type
url]
but without the spaces

Users who are viewing this thread