i need a motor.

vnms96

Established Member
well weds night i was headed to hobbs to go see my lil girls. it started raining really bad and all of a sudden my motor locked up. i got it into the parking lot and pulled all the plugs and nothing. it wont turn over at all. it didnt make any noise, no knocking, nothing. any ideas? if no one has any idea's shoot me any info on a motor. cause i'm not havin any luck finding one.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
a guy locally here in houston just totaled his 03 cobra 2 nights ago... the motor and trans are in perfect condition... he has a stage 4 eaton on it... mmmmm

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
If its a motor you need, they show up once in a while. I myself would probably not trust someone else's used motor, but i guess it depends. If you know for sure its the motor and not some electrical problem, you might be better rebuilding your old engine.

vnms96

Established Member
it just shut off. i pulled all the plugs and it wont turn over. i put a wrench on the crank and tried to turn it over and it wouldn't budge

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
a guy locally here in houston just totaled his 03 cobra 2 nights ago... the motor and trans are in perfect condition... he has a stage 4 eaton on it... mmmmm

Totaled an 03 cobra? I'd assume from speeding? You know hes been whomping the shit out of it.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Totaled an 03 cobra? I'd assume from speeding? You know hes been whomping the shit out of it.

nope... rain an a driver that doesnt look where they are going

know the guy personally and he is not stupid enough to play around in rain

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501579

Well I was traveling down 1960 and just left a light and was going through the next intersection when somebody pulled off a side street to turn onto 1960. I was prob traveling at like 50 and so when I saw the guy pull out I started to move to a different lane but the guy kept coming across and by then it was too late. It all happened so fast I know reading it it may not seem that way but man what a wild ride. I made contact with the car on my passenger side front and air bags deployed. Started to slide sideways and i tried to correct but over corrected due to speed. Hit the curb in the median which sent me into a roll. I was told I rolled like three times but dont much remember but I do remember the roof coming in on me. Took out a couple small trees and one was the object that kept me from going over again. After we stopped I unbuckeled and climbed out the passenger side window. Other than just some minor cuts and scraps on my arms, legs, and the top of my head I am unharmed. Today I kinda just chilled out and rested but I am one sore mofo right now!!

Thanks for all the concerns and I think the next thing I buy to get me from point A to B will be a bicycle with training wheels!!!

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
How many 03 Cobra's do you think are out there that havent been 'whomped' on?

This is true, but I wouldn't want to put an engine in my car that wasn't abused by anyone but myself. That way if something goes wrong, I've got no one to blame but myself.

Users who are viewing this thread