I need a big favor Please (L.A.T.C.H. again)

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Will someone that has an 03 Cobra coupe with the L.A.T.C.H. anchors for car seats please fold down the rear seats and take a couple of pictures of how the bar with the loops on it is mounted to the car?

Pretty Please :-D

I finally got the dealership to give me the bar with the loops, but it came with nothing. No bolts, no washers, no screws, no instructions, (wasn't even in a box). I took out the seat backs and tried to line it up with existing bolts, but it doesn't line up with any of them??? :shrug:

I can see how to mount it if I drilled holes, but I don't want to do that if they gave me the wrong part?

If anybody can help me out with a few pictures, I'd really appreciate it. :-D

stan03

Established Member
LATCH for car seats !!!

FORD PAYS US TO INSTALL THEM AT NO CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER..EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T WE'LL DO IT FOR FREE.
Come see me in Desoto we'll install them today for you and your family...I'm pissed the dealer did that !He better not have filed a claim.
:cuss:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Re: LATCH for car seats !!!

Originally posted by stan03
FORD PAYS US TO INSTALL THEM AT NO CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER..EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T WE'LL DO IT FOR FREE.
Come see me in Desoto we'll install them today for you and your family...I'm pissed the dealer did that !He better not have filed a claim.
:cuss:

Hey Stan, where were you Saturday? We saved you a seat :-D

I don't mind installing it, but I'm not sure they gave me the right part. Do you know if it requires drilling new holes? Because the bar they gave me has 4 holes in it but they don't line up with any existing holes?

By the way... Thanks for the offer. I may very well take you up on it. Do you know how long the install takes? Is it a lunch break kind of thing? Thanks again,

stan03

Established Member
latch kit

My guys said that there are dimples in the floor that need drilling on most cars.Also a plate to install under the car.He is my parts and service director,let me knoew if we need a tech input.
BTW he said 2 guys do it in about 20 mins max.

WE WILL DO THEM FREE,AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IF IT GOT DONE RIGHT !!!

WHILE YOU WAIT AND WATCH.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Re: latch kit

Originally posted by stan03
My guys said that there are dimples in the floor that need drilling on most cars.Also a plate to install under the car.He is my parts and service director,let me knoew if we need a tech input.
BTW he said 2 guys do it in about 20 mins max.

WE WILL DO THEM FREE,AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IF IT GOT DONE RIGHT !!!

WHILE YOU WAIT AND WATCH.

You have a PM. Thanks,

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Elapidae,

Do you know the part number for the piece they gave you?

My dealer is still confused. Service said they would install it while I wait, but Parts still can't seem to figure out what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I don't know if it's the right part, but I believe I got:
3R3Z63601B28AA

I'd still like to see a couple of pictures of one installed if someone doesn't mind taking a couple of minutes. Thanks everyone :D

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Bar with loops? I've got the two fasteners on the top of the back seat, not sure what you want a picture of. I will take a look when I get home from work and if I can figure out what you want will submit a a picture of it..

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
L.A.T.C.H.

The L.A.T.C.H. (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) are actually metal hoops (rings) that stick out between the seat back and the seat cushion in the back seat. The anchors on top are not the ones I'm talking about. If you have a Cobra that came with the L.A.T.C.H. anchors, there will be little round stickers on the back seats about the size of a dime that indicate that you have them. Thanks for your help.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I should mention that you probably can't see the hoops/loops. You have to feel for them with the seat backs up. If you have the stickers though, you should have the loops. Those loops (4 of them, 2 on each side) are attached to a bar that is attached to the body of the car. With the rear seat backs folded forward, I'm hoping someone can show me a picture of how the bar is attached to the body of the car. Thanks again.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I can't believe that 12 of you didn't rush out on your lunch breaks to do this :shrug:

What's the deal-e-o? :??:

Seriously, if someone get's a chance to do this in the next day or so I would really appreciate it. Thanks again,

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Thanks for the part number!

Parts said they will order it and Service said they will install it while I wait.

:beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Give me a few minutes. I have the latches, but getting a picture is going to be rough.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Elapidae,
If there isn't enough detail let me know, I'll email you larger ones.
OK, here ya go:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Dana,
Thank you very much. That tells me exactly what I needed to know. I really appreciate you doing this (didn't expect you to pull out the seat cushions, but I really appreciate it) :thumbsup: Thank you, thank you, thank you. :thumbsup:

I think maybe I'll make a run to Desoto and visit Stan to get it installed. All I got from my dealership was the bar. No bolts or anything to install it. Those look like special high strengh bolts, washers, etc... on yours.
Mine also doesn't have the vertical metal strips on the picture below so I think I'm missing more parts. Thanks agian.

jumpinjackflash,
You're welcome. (took about a week to get that part number :bored: ) :-D

Users who are viewing this thread