I need a BIG favor from someone who has one

donaisenbrey

Established Member
First thing I'm going to do when my '03 arrives is clear up the restrictive, and quiet exhaust situation.

Went to my exhaust expert and he feels that only a muffler swap the do the trick. I'm sure this will help...but, I am also interested in getting him to build me a "custom" system.....or put in "someone's" cat back.

If anyone else is "fixing" the exhaust, and will be putting their '03 on a lift. I sure would appreciate a bunch of Pix so I can show the exhaust guy what the stock system looks like.

This guy is booked for 8 weeks and I want to get on his calendar ASAP. If he can see what he is up against now......he will schedule time for me right after my car comes in.

I hate the term "thanks in advance" so I will thank anyone heaps and heaps if.....and/or after the pix come in :-D...............Don

FINICKY

Established Member
i just ordered the magnaflow set up for an 01 cobra .. its suposed to be the same system. also the main restriction is in the tailpipes the are reduced in size internally towards the back. if you look in you tail pipes youll see...... do the cat back your self on the cobra its four bolts and it just drops right out ,,,,,,,,,good luck with you new beast your gonna love it......FINICKY

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
Went to my exhaust expert and he feels that only a muffler swap the do the trick. I'm sure this will help...but, I am also interested in getting him to build me a "custom" system.....or put in "someone's" cat back.
The muffler is only part of the problem. The pipes themselves are crimped and there is a baffle material inside the tailpipes. Check a previous thread, there are pictures.

You'll need a cat-back. Stock '01 should fit, I've heard FR500 will fit, but I don't have confirmation.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Here it is...

The "pipe in a pipe" look doesn't show that the exhaust pipe necks down to a ridiculous 1.75", at one point...

One of the other guys already has replaced his exhaust with Bassani X and cat-back...

tailpipeRS_03Cobra.jpg

92LX5.0

Established Member
I'll bet just a cat back would kick ass on this car :coolman:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 92LX5.0
I'll bet just a cat back would kick ass on this car :coolman:
I agree and you can get the stock 2001 Cobra RS and LS muffer/tailpipe assemblies cheap. I understand they bolt right up and have the same hangers... :-D

92LX5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
First thing I'm going to do when my '03 arrives is clear up the restrictive, and quiet exhaust situation.

If anyone else is "fixing" the exhaust, and will be putting their '03 on a lift. I sure would appreciate a bunch of Pix so I can show the exhaust guy what the stock system looks like.

This guy is booked for 8 weeks and I want to get on his calendar ASAP. If he can see what he is up against now......he will schedule time for me right after my car comes in.

I hate the term "thanks in advance" so I will thank anyone heaps and heaps if.....and/or after the pix come in :-D...............Don

some expert, is he blind?? that bastid cant see the blockage in the tail pipes. the f er looks like its constipated :bash: :punch:

Users who are viewing this thread