I miss my 2011 gt500

Bllit11

Established Member
I love my 2013 , because it's the 1st car i've ever ordered the color I wanted. Well my 2011 seemed better built. I got it new it was at the dealership. This thing has made me think ford put it out quick they were worried about the ZL1. I wish at times I would have modded my 11 this 13 is one problem after another. Ok flame away, but talk is talk I know what I have and I know what I had . Granted it's faster , but that's it I think the launch control is what is bending the axles I don't use it now. I don't race ,but I run it.You guy's are great it's just the way I feel.

Crushinator

Established Member
With the demand as high as it is for the '13's, sell it and buy another '11 of the color you want. :shrug:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Uh, color me worried. I just sold my '11 today so I cold pick up a '14.

Can you share problems you're having so I can be thinking about it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Car is leaps and bounds better than my 08.

And considering bent axles, clutch issues, and rear ends are the exception not the rule- I wouldn't get upset over it

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Interesting. I drag raced the sh*t out of my car over a 6-9 month period and am now tracking it and haven't had a single problem.

Also...FWIW...there was a ZL1 at Sebring last Saturday that suffered complete brake failure.
S.

nickf2005

Established Member
Interesting. I drag raced the sh*t out of my car over a 6-9 month period and am now tracking it and haven't had a single problem.

Also...FWIW...there was a ZL1 at Sebring last Saturday that suffered complete brake failure.
S.

That '13 GT500 "brake fade" isn't looking so bad after that. :)

masonh

Established Member
I can't imagine wanting an '11 after driving around in a '13. Granted I never owned an '11 but i have seen many and driven a couple. To me the '13 is in better all around.

GT500662

Established Member
I had a 12 SVTPP car. Now i own a 13 SVTPP car. I know the feeling your talking about. But I think it's a false feeling. What I think you are feeling is the 373 gearing in the 11. The 13 is a much better car. But I think the lower gearing that 11&12 came with, gives a solid feeling that is missed during normal driving in the 13. But that is where it stops (in my opinion) once you start pushing the 13, it shines way above the 11 or 12 cars. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I had a 12 SVTPP car. Now i own a 13 SVTPP car. I know the feeling your talking about. But I think it's a false feeling. What I think you are feeling is the 373 gearing in the 11. The 13 is a much better car. But I think the lower gearing that 11&12 came with, gives a solid feeling that is missed during normal driving in the 13. But that is where it stops (in my opinion) once you start pushing the 13, it shines way above the 11 or 12 cars. Just my thoughts.

+1. I've grown more and more confidant that the gear ratio is at the source of what displeases me most about the '13.

Bllit11

Established Member
Thanks guys. just upset with it being back at the dealership again.I know it's a better car much more power I love that.The problems i've had are the clutch the new one is great. A bent axle now rearend grease leaking out of the vent tube for the second time.Grease all over the back of the car. Had to clean that mess up . Just ranting it will be fixed .Sometimes we remember only the good about the past I was thinking about the 2nd shift grind mess in the 2011 I don't miss that.

spazpilot

Established Member
My 11 felt like a POS compared to my 13. Both my 11's had the second gear grind and the 5th gear lock out at high RPMs. No issues at all with my 13. Interior and workmanship wise I see no difference. Seems like the same car to me.

Users who are viewing this thread