I may put some Catz HID lights in, anyone done this yet?

fakesnake.com

Established Member
An 01 Cobra owner I know bought a set of Catz HID lights for his Cobra. He didn't like all the boxes and wires so he never installed them. He ended up adding the Hella HID lights. The only problem is the Hella lights have no high/low beams just low.

It will definitely be tight finding hiding spaces for the boxes but it looks pretty straight forward on install.

Anyone try HID lights yet? I'm talking about the full conversion not just some upgraded bulbs.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I've always like HID lights....as for the room for the boxes and wires and stuff i have no clue but i'm sure you'll be happy with them. :thumbsup:

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Good luck on the install. The only advice I have is to take your time, but you knew that already.

Mind if I ask the price for the kit? Do you have a link?

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
what do you mean by good luck on the install? not flaming here, i was just under the impression that all the current HID kits (real ones) plug into your stock harnesses, and then the ballasts plug into the HID bulbs, which mount into your stock bulb location.

robb

hey fake snake, I have no experience with the Katz kit--might be great--but do have with www.hidkits.com--only one small box per lamp & true plug & play with high/low beam--about the same money--have them on my Lightning for about a year with no problems. hope this helps --------rob

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
when i had my M3 everyone and their mother did an HID conversion, so they have a lot of experience with all of the different kits. there is a cheaper kit out http://www.misterjung.com/ looks to be promising, the last time i checked over on dtmpower.net and bimmerforums.com they worked out with good results, and the kits are only $350. i would buy a set but i am only doing performance stuff right now.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Originally posted by fiorefiveoh
what do you mean by good luck on the install? not flaming here, i was just under the impression that all the current HID kits (real ones) plug into your stock harnesses, and then the ballasts plug into the HID bulbs, which mount into your stock bulb location.

I know, I'm just saying good luck because I'm hoping he gets the results he's looking for.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
ah ok, yeah there was no flame intended. yeah i am wondering what it will look like with our lenses as compared to a focused projector lens. someone on one of the boards had put a kit in. HIDs are a great mod, looks so awesome when you are driving at night. what temperature bulb are you gonna go with?

Users who are viewing this thread