I Love my 2009 Ford Taurus X

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
We went out looking at cars, and suv's today, I was content with my escape, but being married and having a child with twins on the way, we knew the escape would have to go eventually, we went out today and I test drove the Ford Flex and Taurus X, liked them both, couldn't quite get used to the flex, but after the test drive we ended up buying the Taurus X 6 passenger, so many options and since most of my driving is highway now, I average 22 mpg with the air on, huge difference from my escape. Excellent family car/suv
if anyone is looking for more room etc. we were looking at the Chevy Tahoe, but we are Ford people, and it even had more inside room behind the third row seating for my daughter's wheelchair and a baby buggy in the future :beer: we got the black pearl

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I agree, that and I was worried about buying a Chevy with all that is going on with them, if the company folds, what do you do for a warranty?

SVTburnout

Banned
GM claims that their warranty's will be honored should the collapse occur...

CONGRATS on the purchase, great choice!

:beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i would think the Escape would be the better option than a 4dr family car, and the Tahoe even better than the Escape for future additions...

pics of the Taurry plz..........

oh and a GM warranty will still hold, you would just take it to a independent shop and they would handle it. I doubt GM is going anywhere though. Good job sticking with Ford though, they have an excellent lineup right now, and its only going to get better.

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
Why would an escape not have worked? I always see people with kids on the way run out and get a larger vehicle and many times it doesn't really seem necessary.

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I have a 2006 Freestyle, same car different name. The only problem I have had is the brakes wore out after about 10K and it leaks water in the rear hatch. Other than than it has been a great car. There was a recall for the brakes so no harm. Enjoy.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
i would think the Escape would be the better option than a 4dr family car, and the Tahoe even better than the Escape for future additions...

pics of the Taurry plz..........

oh and a GM warranty will still hold, you would just take it to a independent shop and they would handle it. I doubt GM is going anywhere though. Good job sticking with Ford though, they have an excellent lineup right now, and its only going to get better.

You may want to look up the Taurus X, as its no longer just a sedan.

It's like a crossover. Looks more like an Expedition than a car.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
What MPGs were you getting with the Escape? I was getting 28 MPGs highway when I had mine, but I guess you're looking to haul the kids and some friends to soccer practice? Good luck!

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
what was it about the flex that you didnt like? i think the x is sweet but i kinda like the flex.

just a thought, i'm curious to know why ford has kept producing the x along side the flex. i know they're stopping porudction, i just thought it woulda been sooner

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Trade that sucker in next year when the EcoBoost-powered Flex comes out. 350hp wagon=win. BTW, Ford has so far gotten a 14.1 @ 98 out of a Flex with EcoBoost at a drag strip.

Users who are viewing this thread