I know this isn't the right forum, but...

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
My brother has an 88 F250 with a 460. For some reason the rotor will not turn whatsoever. To rule out the obvious, we did loosen the one and only nut that holds it tight once the timing is set. The timing is way off right now and the truck is barely running and we need it fixed asap. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the damn rotor to turn???

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Get a timing light and set it.
Or are you saying you can't turn the distributor?
If it is running the rotor is turning. Please explain.

slosnake

Established Member
Sounds like the rotor button and rotor cap contacts may be corroded!! Take some fine sandpaper and hit all 8 contacts in the cap and also the 1 on the rotor button!! If they are badly corroded it will cause the motor to run like its out of time!!! Just a thought!!!!!
PS The rotor will not turn by hand, unless you are strong enough to turn the whole rotating assembly by hand!!!

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
Yes the distributor is what I meant, sorry, I've been working some really long hours lately and can barely speak, let alone type the right words. The distributor is stuck, even when I loosen the nut. Any ideas?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
CobraBen98 said:
My brother has an 88 F250 with a 460. For some reason the rotor will not turn whatsoever. To rule out the obvious, we did loosen the one and only nut that holds it tight once the timing is set. The timing is way off right now and the truck is barely running and we need it fixed asap. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the damn rotor to turn???

MOVED:bash: :wf: :bash: :wf: :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread