I Know, Another Exhaust Question

myrsvt

Established Member
After looking, reading and listening on exhaust sounds all morning I am now thoroughly confused.

I now have BBK off/road X and flowmasters (dronemasters) which were on the car when I got it.

What I want is less or no drone and to be able to go past 2500rpm without all that cackle I'm getting now.

Now, even when I'm just cruising thru 1st and 2nd you always get that loud cackle. I'm ok with the noise at WOT but it's a little much when you're just trying to cruise thru gears.

I like the deep throaty on the low end of my Flowmasters just not the drone and low rpm rasp.

Don't know if any of that made sense but what u think??

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
It all makes sense...no offense to your exhaust set up, but its a budget set up..BBK Xs in my Op are junk..love flows even tho they drone and are on every stang.. If you want something nice you can keep the x or i reccomend a UPR Offroad X, they are very nice fit and quality for cheap ($160), and i would get a MAC Catback, they sound like an expensive and classy flowmaster but are very quiet when cruising and do not crackle, other wise get some beat magnaflows that i despise but are nice...

mystical

Established Member
The rasp is from the BBK X, change to a BBK H and keep the Flows it'll sound sick! That's the exact setup I have and wouldn't change it for anything.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^ Some what agree..but get a mac h over a BBK product..and for magnaflows, with no guaranteed rasp is just the regular stainless mufflers..those make no rasp or sever drone, but id rather see you get macs over those, but like i said a UPR x is very beneficial or a mach H pipe..

mystical

Established Member
^^ Some what agree..but get a mac h over a BBK product..and for magnaflows, with no guaranteed rasp is just the regular stainless mufflers..those make no rasp or sever drone, but id rather see you get macs over those, but like i said a UPR x is very beneficial or a mach H pipe..

MAC's sound great too, very similar to the Flows.

No issues whatsoever with my BBK:shrug: Been on for 6 years or so and still looks like the day it was put on.

myrsvt

Established Member
I guess for the cheapest options (looks like about $200) I could either...

Keep what I got and just change to H-pipe
or
Keep what I got and get 2 magniflows??

Fair to say magniflows would fix drone and rasp? and H-pipe the rasp?:shrug:

mystical

Established Member
A BBK o/r X pipe is going to be raspy regardless of the mufflers you've got. A friend of mine was running one with stock catback and it was raspy as can be. Like I said, change to a H pipe and the rasp will be gone.

cpSTACK

Established Member
A BBK o/r X pipe is going to be raspy regardless of the mufflers you've got. A friend of mine was running one with stock catback and it was raspy as can be. Like I said, change to a H pipe and the rasp will be gone.

Hit the nail on the head. Get rid of the X and you may decide your happy with the flows. Mine sound great with the prochamber, no drone or cackle. Either way the mid has to go so do it before you buy a catback.

96snake719

Established Member
"and i would get a MAC Catback, they sound like an expensive and classy flowmaster but are very quiet when cruising and do not crackle"

I wouldnt put an x pipe on my car if you paid me!! lol but thats just me. I somewhat agree with the above, i switched out flows for macs last year. They def. dont crackle ( I think that mostly has to do with the x pipe) but they are A LOT louder than my flows and sound similar but ooohhh so much better :) So as of right now I have a mac o/r H and a mac catback and I would not change it for the world!!! I would strongly reccomend a set up like this.

Users who are viewing this thread