I know a lot of you have AFS wheels - Thought I would pass this on

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Wow! That sucks, big time! First I've ever heard of that. I took mine off after the season last year, and they look fine. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. Thanks for the heads up.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rev, your link doesn't work for me.

The link posted by slythetove is really a good example of how to keep a log of problems with a vendor for future use.

Steel City

Banned
I purchased wheels from them online through ebay. The customer service I received was horrible and I received the run-around treatment as well. As far as the quality of the wheels, I didn't have any problems with them but I sold the car less than 2k miles later.

kaos

Established Member
I won a set of rims from them last year to. I took some time off work and drove 20 something miles to get to them they told me that someone internal had stolen them. They knew I was going down there that day to pick them up. We talked the day before. This was in December I believe and they just called me two weeks ago to tell me they have them in stock and that I can pay for them now. They said I have 3 days to pay for them or they will just sell them. I said go ahead and she was about to say that I was liable for them since I won them on EBAY and right before I was about to blow up, she said oh, nevermind it's been too long. Yeah, that's what I thought.

I also got my only ticket that day because I was so mad and rushed to get back to work. Not their fault though.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Here is Rev's thread

Revs Link

Looks like the other side of the story is there. It seems like he ran over something to me too, but I have no facts. I just think it's interesting drama.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by 03torchvert
That can't be good for business. lol

Not at all, especially since this going to keep circulating.

Silver 03 Cobra

I ordered two 17x10.5 machined 03 wheels from them last year. I live in NC. It took eight days to get them since they don't ship for 1-2 days after the order is placed. When they came in they shipped me two 17x9's. I called and was told it was lunch time and they would call me back. WTF. I had things to do so I had to leave. I called when I got back and was told that they acknowledged it was their mistake. They told me to ship thm back for a refund but I was shit out of luck on shipping even though it was their mistake. Needless to say after I had a few words to say, I got my money back for shipping both ways. The girl was extremely rude and personally treated me as if she didn't give a shit if I bought their wheels or not. I'll never buy from them again. It took them over two months to credit my card back.

Last edited by a moderator:

KosherCobra

Established Member
I made up my mind and am keeping my Chrome 17 x 9 and putting on the Nitto drag radials in the back. I have no patience for an incident like that to occur to me.

davidmax

Established Member
Never buy wheels from an importer,always use a reputable vendor.My Co, may have had 1 in several hundrred defective whels but only blems (cosmetic),but if you call within 3 years we will replace your wheels and we too ask for a refundaable core charge.
Xtreme carries a vast assosrtment of Ford and GM wheels and tires and we also do our own mounting and Road Force Balancing the finest and we spin em till 200 mph.
If the wheel is bad the Road Force Machine will tell us .
We inspect and hand polish each wheel that goes out and we have never had a complaint in 10 years of selling wheels.David Smilovic

FKing1

Established Member
I was surprised to find a local company selling the same size 04 replicas. Name is Detroit Wheel and they seem to think the rims may come from the same source as AFS. Will find out about quality, etc., soon and post as I ordered a set 2/9/04.
Fred K.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I was having some problems getting my wheels replaced under warranty and the owner called me today and is replacing all four(only 3 were bad). I also wanted to upgrade two of them for 10.5's. Currently they are all 18X9. Due to my inconvenience he is sending 4 new ones. Two will be 18X9 and two will be 18X10.5. :) I am very satisfied.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everyone should read the link that 03Redfire Cobra posted. It tells the other side of the story. It changed my opinion of who is the bad guy, especially with the photo evidence!!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Check out the most recent page of his....

http://members.cox.net/afswheels/

I would like to take up this web-space to praise AFS Wheels, and it's owner, Tim Joseph. While we did have some misunderstandings, and things didnt go 100% smoothe (What ever does?) - he was professional in taking ownership of the situation, in satsifying my needs as a customer, and overall being a great guy to do business with, even after all of this negative nonsense.

AFS Wheels has arranged for a refund of my wheels, and I truly believe they are a good business to do business with. They are human afterall, and nobody is perfect, but it takes someone with integrity to admit that they are not flawless. Tim Joseph has done this, and even after all of this mess, I would recommend AFS Wheels highly to anyone.

Continue your good business, Autumn Fleet Sales. And I wish you luck in the future.

AFSWheels can be contacted at [email protected].

Tim's Direct # is 1-818-340-9450 or 1-818-409-9444.

Should you have any questions regarding my situation, or wish to rally to assist me, they can be contacted by those means.

I, Jason Jackson, can be contacted at [email protected]

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Definatly read the other side of the story on the Camaro link.....This Jason is a scam artist and just trying to get rims replaced that HE screwed up....

blwn88cpe

Established Member
Love my 18" AFS chromies so far. Excellent service, price and shipping!:beer:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I dont mind AFS wheels but if I am going to buy aftermarket wheels they are going to be forged, NOT injection molded, which I dont beleive are a whole lot better (strength wise) than factory wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread