I killed a jet boat

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
I met up with some friends at a local watering hole on the river. One of my friends has a 20 ft jet boat. We decided to go to another place, also on the water and he said he'd race me there. Feeling bold I said I'd have a drink in my hand when he arrived. Fully expecting to get waxed and knowing he had only half the distance to cover, I bolted. To my surprise, I arrived ran to the bar, got a drink, and he was just walking up the dock. He claims that he won BUT I did have a drink in my hand as promissed. I checked the distance when I got home...he had an 11 mile trip with 2 miles of no-wake zones. I had 22 miles to cover with 10 miles of 45mph zones (the rest was highway). I think he got OWNED!!!

SVTCobra1

Established Member
Originally posted by VettTheRipper
I met up with some friends at a local watering hole on the river. One of my friends has a 20 ft jet boat. We decided to go to another place, also on the water and he said he'd race me there. Feeling bold I said I'd have a drink in my hand when he arrived. Fully expecting to get waxed and knowing he had only half the distance to cover, I bolted. To my surprise, I arrived ran to the bar, got a drink, and he was just walking up the dock. He claims that he won BUT I did have a drink in my hand as promissed. I checked the distance when I got home...he had an 11 mile trip with 2 miles of no-wake zones. I had 22 miles to cover with 10 miles of 45mph zones (the rest was highway). I think he got OWNED!!!

Sounds Like it

BTW: Fast for a boat is 80mph+....most aren't thatfast.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread