I Just Installed Ford Racing Axle Back

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
They look great but I feel it was a total waste of money. The car really still sound the same as stock as I still have cats on. I should have left the stock axle back on and just done a non catted x-pipe.

Looks like I will pick up a non-catted x-pipe this week and try that and see how that sounds with the FRAB which may be too load since it is a daily driver.

Car sound pretty mellow compared to my terminator which had kooks long tubes, no cats, and borla stingers.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
ok, :rockon: i was hoping for a raspier sound not very deep.

Those are one of the best sounding axlebacks IMO. Let it burn in a little. If all else fails, get an aftermarket midpipe. I had an offroad H pipe and this axleback and it was LOUD, and sounded perfect.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Well after having these installed for 1 day I must say these mufflers suck ASS:xpl::xpl:. This is the worst sounding exhaust I have ever heard on a mustang. It is very deep and droning. Please keep in mind I still have the cats on. I guess i am not use to the sound of an axle back muffler set-up.

Has anyone just installed an off-raod x-pipe with stock mufflers? I can not wait to get these of as my new 38k mustang that now sounds like a load of sh*t.

Sorry for venting all but i am just very disappointed for listening to a few friends to find out how bad these sound in my opinion.

96supersnake

Established Member
I had the same thoughts , going from a chambered 2v car to a straight thru type muffler on my 3v, not the same at all. I went with an offroad h on mine , it is loud , but not at all like a chambered muffler! i was kinda sick about the way it sounded for a while, but it is ok I guess!

rj333

Graduating Sooner or Late
Established Member
From what I have heard, the GTAs sound much better. Its a chambered design and is almost stock quiet at idle. Theses are the factory units on the Shelby GTs and scream pretty nicely at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread