i just don't get it.

98svtconvert

Established Member
i have a 98 cobra with a 1.5 ltr kenne bell. made the numbers in sig with a stock motor. since then i have had the motor rebuilt with stock length rods and 5cc dish pistons. i added long tube headers as well. heads and cams have not been touched and are stock. the 6 psi pully was 3.25 inches. i called kenne bell and asked for a 12psi pully. they sent me a 2.25 inch pully. the car is seeing 16 psi on the dyno. intake temps were at 200. the outside air temp is only in the 40's. we couldn't make a full pull do to heat. i called kenne bell and they insist that the pully i have is for 12 psi. i ordered a 2.75 and a 3 inch pully. will try again after i change them. my question is, what would cause me to see so much more boost than what i should be seeing. with their 6psi pulley i was seeing 6psi so i just don't get it. any help is, as always, appreciated.

Justin

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
None of the Pullies I have bed bought from KB or Vortech have been what they stated. Just try the different Pullies and sell the ones you don't want in he end.

98svtconvert

Established Member
i ended up putting on a 2.75" pulley and got 9 psi of boost. car put down 412 rwhp and 408 rwtq. going to put some meth on it and see if there is a little more left.

98svtconvert

Established Member
it's forged. left the pistons at 5cc dish since i can't get more than 12psi out of this S/C. looking fwd to spraying it and see what i can get.

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread