I just did something stupid, need help!!!!!

2ndtime04

Eff em and feed em fish!!
Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just put avgas in my car not knowing it has oil in it. I wasnt paying attention i just saw 100 octane and thought it was the good stuff. Do i have to drain my tank or will it survive. I dont have cats.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
no idea.. just to be safe drain it. Maybe not all the EMPTY! but near it. refill with the correct?

Danger Dude

Established Member
Avgas does not have oil in it!!!! Who told you that. 100 low lead Aviation fuel is what I used in my Z-28 years ago. Now if you got into some kit plane 2 stroke fuel that is a different story. Avgas will however burn out your catalytic converters fairly quickly and can damage oxygen sensors. If Racing gas is to expensive you can always use Toluene a mixture of 1 gallon of Toluene to 15 gallons of gas will increase your octane about 1.5 points. Ther problem is in gallon containers it can cost $10 but it is a hell of a lot cheaper than buy 10 cans of 104 boost to do the same thing.

Jet fuel is basically Kerosene and more oily. Might you have gotten Jet Fuel???

Last edited:

2ndtime04

Eff em and feed em fish!!
Established Member
Danger Dude said:
Avgas does not have oil in it!!!! Who told you that. 100 low lead Aviation fuel is what I used in my Z-28 years ago. Now if you got into some kit plane 2 stroke fuel that is a different story. Avgas will however burn out your catalytic converters fairly quickly and can damage oxygen sensors. If Racing gas is to expensive you can always use Toluene a mixture of 1 gallon of Toluene to 15 gallons of gas will increase your octane about 1.5 points. Ther problem is in gallon containers it can cost $10 but it is a hell of a lot cheaper than buy 10 cans of 104 boost to do the same thing.

Jet fuel is basically Kerosene and more oily. Might you have gotten Jet Fuel???

No it was AVGAS 100LL, i just wasnt paying attention when i pulled into the pump it was next to the 110. The person who told me it had oil in it was a guy on a motorcycle who was pumping 110.I am almost through that tank and i havent had any problems, it has actually run pretty good, i dont have cats on my car.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
You are fine don't worry.. It does not have oil in it! I use it all the time on my 00 GT and yes it does make the car run better due to the higher octane! If it's 100Octane Unleaded you should be fine don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread