I just can’t even...

_Snake_

Established Member
I'm really sorry for your loss OP. We had three dogs and are down to just one. The only thing that makes a dog's passing worse is when you have to make the decision instead of mother nature.

Some of the worst heartache I've ever been through and I truly feel for anyone that's lost man's best friend.

You, your family, and Chaz will be in our prayers.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Lost my dog about 8 months ago. She was only 4 years old. One night she was energetic and happy as always then when we woke up the next morning she was gone. She was so cold the vets couldn’t even pull any blood out of her. So we don’t know why she died. Worst feeling in the world.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks all. Chaz would be up, walking around, making noise, staring at you, and whining at the exact time (7:30am) he was due breakfast. I slept until 10:30 today.

@ZYBORG at first we thought he may have eaten something. But we found no real evidence of that. So I’m guessing heart attack or something of that nature.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks all. Chaz would be up, walking around, making noise, staring at you, and whining at the exact time (7:30am) he was due breakfast. I slept until 10:30 today.

@ZYBORG at first we thought he may have eaten something. But we found no real evidence of that. So I’m guessing heart attack or something of that nature.

May your buddy rest in peace.

In my personal experience, one thing that helps me deal with a loss like that, is taking in another animal and giving it a chance at a better life.

Maybe a stray or animal from the shelter.

Not sure if intefested, but I just found this little one about 2 months ago in bad shape. We took her in and nursed her back to health. Perfect health now. We are trying to find a nice home for her, since we are already at max capacity (2 dogs and 3 cats).

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Feel free to PM me if interested. If not a cat person, perhaps swing by one of the local shelters. Saving a life will help aleviate some of the hurt that you are carrying around right now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear man, that's terrible. I'm not sure how I would feel or what I would.

08mojo

Established Member
So sorry for your loss. I'm not going to be in good shape when it's my pups turn...

Like or hate the show Street Outlaws, but "Farm Truck" said it best when he described the loss of losing a pet. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something along these lines: you have kids and strive to see them become independent and leave the nest; however, your pet is your companion and you never want them to leave.

blk02edge

Established Member

In my personal experience, one thing that helps me deal with a loss like that, is taking in another animal and giving it a chance at a better life.

Not sure if intefested, but I just found this little one about 2 months ago in bad shape. We took her in and nursed her back to health. Perfect health now. We are trying to find a nice home for her, since we are already at max capacity (2 dogs and 3 cats).

View attachment 1445994

View attachment 1445995

Feel free to PM me if interested. If not a cat person, perhaps swing by one of the local shelters. Saving a life will help aleviate some of the hurt that you are carrying around right now.
This X1000

Sorry for your lost OP

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1445994

View attachment 1445995

Thanks for the offer, cute kitten. But I prefer them on YouTube.

I’m definitely going to have to process this for a while.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry for your loss.
Losing animals always ****ing blows. IT takes time to get over them, especially when you look to the spot they always are in, and now it's empty.

The dog I grew up with as a kid, Max, was this huge german shepherd. 140lbs, but not an ounce of fat on him. He would allow us to horse around with him and was always super gentle with us, but was a fierce guard dog. Came home from school one day and found him dead in the backyard. Picked him up in the wheelbarrow, dug a hole, cried but felt at peace as he lived a good long life. I assume he just dropped dead. While it sucked, I was glad he hopefully went quickly, and didn't have a dragged out slow death where his body was failing him in some way.
I learned to appreciate that even more when I lost another german shepherd, Roxy, to cancer/tumor later on in life. Perfectly healthy dog, then boom, you could see the change for the worse as the days went by. You could see in her eyes she was ready to die. Still tugs at me to this day. She was glued to me, always wanting to serve/ play.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Man that really sucks. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I almost like dogs more than humans. On most days, I do! So sorry man.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
12 years 8 months. No where near long enough, God really ****ed up on dog’s life span.

Very sorry to hear this buddy. My boy was 12 years and 9 months when we lost him last year. I was working nights and my wife came home from the park with our other dog and found him. Bad night.

It does get better. Just remember that even though it was a short time that you gave him a great life. Chin up!

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Sorry for your lost. We just lost our Shepard this past Friday. He was 11. Unfortunately we were not able to get to the vet in time to be able to save him.

At least it seems like it was peaceful and in his sleep. It's much harder to watch your dog deteriorate and have to have them put down.

Users who are viewing this thread