I Installed Cat-Back System Yesterday

HOPETO

Established Member
I installed a Dynomax Ultra Flow Cat Back system (part #19314) on my 03 Red Vert yesterday. Car had 85 miles at time of installation. System comes in 6 pieces. 2 tail pipes with all factory type hangers welded on and 3" stainless tips starting about 10 inches from the ends. 2 - 3"welded Ultra Flo mufflers and the 2 pipes to connect from the mufflers to the cat pipe. The system was listed as 99 to 01, but fit like a glove on the 03. You have to cut about 3" off the left extension pipe to make up for the difference in length of the factory cat pipe. The instructions cleary stated this (no big deal with a chop saw). Like the original system, it does NOT crossover from 1 side to another. The factory cat pipe has a H crossover tube. It follows the same path as the original, but is 3" mandrel bent all the way!! Not to loud when your nice to it, but will talk back if you want to make it dance!! The whole system runs about $370 from discount on-line merchants. Later, Jimmy Austin :D

kino

Established Member
Thanks for the FYi. I still don't know what I will do for exhaust when I get mine.

HOPETO

Established Member
About 2 hours on a lift. I'm slow, methodical and pretty much a perfectionist! Everything has to be perfect or I won't bolt it down.

MackCaddy

Established Member
I don't blame ya........I would put nothing short of perfect on my 35k+ car aswell......I read in one of your earlier posts that you purchased your car from Bob Tomes Ford in Mckinney. My dad has ordered his '03 black vert from there also. He is expecting it sometime around the end of July. I'm sure he would be happy to hear that you piad msrp for yours. It's good to know there are '03s roaming the streets in the Metroplex.........I still haven't seen one on the road yet. Good luck with your car!

HOPETO

Established Member
Sorry, no dyno runs. - Hey Maccaddy, Drop me a line if you or your Dad want to hear it. I "should" be at the North Texas Mustang Club cruise night this Saturday at the Cracker Barrel in Lewisville. Mine was not the first at Bob Tomes Ford. The first was a Red Coupe that ended up at Dallas Auto Auction out in Grand Prairie. I was told they are going to use it in some kind of promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread