I have the dreaded tick/knock...

BoosT_AddicT

BOOOSTIFIED!
Established Member
So it seems as though my 04 Cobra at 30K miles (bought it about 500 miles ago) now has the infamous tick/knock... at any temp it has a fairly loud knock coming from the engine bay. I cant pinpoint where from, it isnt louder on either side of the engine but it is LOUD. The car doesnt feel down on power at all but it is extremely annoying. Especially when everyone I show my car to mentions the knock.

In any case I just want to confrim this is the dreaded tick... If so what exactly in the heads is making the knock??? I know to get rid of the annoying tick I need the updated 05 heads but I guess what I'm asking is if I can live with the irritating tick will I have any further problems develop from it???

Is anyone else just living with the annoying tick??? :nonono:

P.S- Mods are stiegmeier ported eaton, 2.8 pulley, MAC catback and custom tune...

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
It might be an exhaust leak.... people say problems wont arise from the tick, but a knock is another ballgame... get it checked out

BoosT_AddicT

BOOOSTIFIED!
Established Member
After listening to all the samples of the tick I'm almost positive that is what it is... If the tick is just an annoyance I want to hold of on spending the $2000 or so it will take for me to do the heads.

Can anyone else confirm that there is no problem driving my car with the tick??? Thanks.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
im pretty sure i got the tick, and im at 68k mi. im relatively certain that its just an annoyance, but if u think its loud enough to be damaging then by all means get it checked by a ford svt mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread