I have made many new friends!!!

Ginsu

Established Member
The sector I am covering has an ass load of traffic with a few key area's that are seriously accident prone. So as long as I do not have dispatching to take care of I monitor these area's closely (which keeps me very busy during rush hour). Needless to say I run into more people that just get pissed off because they were caught doing something they were not supposed to. I.E. passing a line of cars on the wrong side of the road to get to a turn lane.

I find it somewhat enjoyable when I run into the combative types!

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I love that too, always makes me think of this, I'm sure you've probably seen it before..

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!

You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.

"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"

By

Troopers Mitchell and Brown
Virginia State Police

Ginsu

Established Member
So true hillie16 !!! Could not have said it better.

One of my favorite games is to stoke up the combative types in such a manner that they do not know it. I just stay nice and calm and professional. The other day I got this one guy so pissed...he said "good luck with finding someone that is really dangerous" Well I responded with "why thank you, I really appreciate that"! Man he went through the roof. I was hoping he would spin his tires leaving but...no such luck.

You know I used to be pretty lenient on traffic stops but not anymore! I have gotten tired of people just assuming I am tax collecting or I am going to get a bonus or filling my quota...when non of that is true and does not exist. So now I guess I just oblidge them with writting for every single little thing. Plus there is no way anyone can accuse me of not being inconsistant or showing favortism. Just for you lawyers!

WS6, I am jealous!!!! Do you want to donate that bad puppy to me?!?!?!?!;) ;) ;)

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by Ginsu
So true hillie16 !!! Could not have said it better.

One of my favorite games is to stoke up the combative types in such a manner that they do not know it. I just stay nice and calm and professional. The other day I got this one guy so pissed...he said "good luck with finding someone that is really dangerous" Well I responded with "why thank you, I really appreciate that"! Man he went through the roof. I was hoping he would spin his tires leaving but...no such luck.

I know exactly what you mean..kill 'em with kindness LOL
The best was a guy who told me "You should be out catching theives or drug dealers or something...." when I pulled him over for speeding.
I had a really big smile on my face when he showed up to pick up his son two nights later from our station after he sold a pound of weed to one of our officers undercover:D :D :D

Ginsu

Established Member
You gotta love that when parents get all up tight about their kid getting stopped! I searched a kids car and found a roach. Well that was not enough for me to waiste my time with arresting him but my departments policy is to do a report when ever a vehicle is searched. Anyway the kid did not tell his parents he got some tickets (he was 17 so I did not have to go to juvenile court) and said we harrasted him. LOL, it was oh so funny when his parents called to complain and my supervisor was able to shut mommy and daddy dearest down

When I get the typical "Don't you have something better to do, shouldn't you be out catching murderers and rapists"? My usual response is "Actually no, crime is down so I get to spend more time with the public". I wish I was on the street when Clinton was still president then I could use the same quote but add in "The president says..." exspecially to those sporting those old Clinton/Gore campaign stickers.

flashbang756

Banned
Originally posted by hillie16

I know exactly what you mean..kill 'em with kindness LOL
The best was a guy who told me "You should be out catching theives or drug dealers or something...." when I pulled him over for speeding.
I had a really big smile on my face when he showed up to pick up his son two nights later from our station after he sold a pound of weed to one of our officers undercover:D :D :D
:D Man, talk about POETIC JUSTICE!!!:cool:

aj0538

Established Member
Hey, Ginsu--your from my neck of the woods.

I work for CCPD so I can relate. I drove through Acworth the other day and I can't believe how much they have built up that area. I used to live off of 41 close to upper 92. I barely recognize it anymore. I work in a county wide unit but we spend most of our time in the south part of the county. Be safe. AJ.

Ginsu

Established Member
No shit this is a small world, I also work for CCPD in Zone 4. Are you with STEP, TAC, MCS or DUI? The other day I was driving around some of the roads in this area and saw alot of undeveloped land. I forsee in about 5-10 years this area is going to be totally built up.

Originally posted by aj0538
Hey, Ginsu--your from my neck of the woods.

I work for CCPD so I can relate. I drove through Acworth the other day and I can't believe how much they have built up that area. I used to live off of 41 close to upper 92. I barely recognize it anymore. I work in a county wide unit but we spend most of our time in the south part of the county. Be safe. AJ.

aj0538

Established Member
None of the above--I'm in COPE and also on the SWAT team. COPE does a little bit of everything lately (except ride bikes--go figure) we spend most of our time around the "trash triangle" around Pat Mell and favor rd and on six flags dr.

How are things in Webanon? Zone 4 still outwriting STEP?

Last edited:

Ginsu

Established Member
AJ, yup Cmdr Hatfield is not happy with us for out doing his boys. Go figure we have Sgt Yeager (former STEP god) and a few other ticket nazi's on my shift.

I think I have met you, do you have the white Fox GT?

aj0538

Established Member
I sold the 87 and bought a 98. The 87 was faster but it had a bit of work done to it including an E-303 cam and some other goodies. The 98 outhandles and outbrakes the 87 and rides better overall but other than the exhaust its stock. I wish there was half the aftermarket for it that there is for the fox bodies. I'm slowly saving up for a blower.

gary

just a quick note of thanks to the local law enforcement (officer Brant) as the new owner of a 94 lightning (went 3 days from purchase before being pulled over pretty good huh?)anyway when i got pulled over it was late, about 1am and i was coming home from a friends house. this was the first time i had driven it after dark and the first time i had had the headlights on. the truck it turns out has a full under carriage neon kit which due to the street lights in my area i failed to notice. (the neons were wired to the lighting circuit) anyhow the officer was one of the nicest police officers ive run into. after asking for the norm of liscence and reg. he aknowleged the temporary plates in the window and then he even helped he me locate the switch to turn them off (hidden under the dash) and then got really enthusiastic about the truck and told me about his mach 1 anyway jsut a heads up to the law enforcement community. (ive had tickets in the past and yeah i deserved em' ) i just never expected to see an officer pull me over and then it turn out like that. i saw him at the drag strip last night and it was cool to cheer him on (you'd a never known he was an officer , just another guy tryin to gain a couple tenths.!!)

Users who are viewing this thread