I have Header Question. opinions please!!!

fendawg12

Established Member
ok guys i have a 2003 KB cobra with 590rwhp. my next buy is gonna be headers and x-pipe. im mostly going for better deeper sound but i always love a HP increase. i was wondering what you guys thought about all hearder and x-pipe combinations even cheap ass BBK's lol. and what kind of power increase i will see (if you know). i hear a lot off people love kooks and bassani. any feed back is much appreciated guys. thanks

fendawg12

Established Member
come on guys i know this question has been asked way to many times lol, just wanna know what you all think.

JymBart

Established Member
I have a complete Bassani system. I like the extra ponies, and sound, ..... but most off I like the extra way of getting heat away from the heads. I'm sure you'll get many different opinions on this subject.

Why not use the search button?

JymBart

fendawg12

Established Member
well i did that and i've looked at many other threads on this subject ppl just talk about how hard they are to put on and what problems they have. i just wanna know the best sounding heads and best performing heads. seems to be kooks and bassani

Adam27607

Established Member
If you want a deeper sound, I would go with an h-pipe. I have the BBK longtubes and O/R h-pipe with a magnaflow C/B. I love the sound. It's nice and deep and really doesn't have the raspy sound. I had an O/R x-pipe and got rid of it due to the raspy sound

fendawg12

Established Member
thanks Dk i heard that is a really nice setup also... do you guys know the power gains from headers and x-pipe on a 600hp cobra??

cmackin300

Established Member
I'm trying to find out the same thing. Except for me I'm more on a budget. Let me know what you found out or ended up going with! Thanks
Chris

91foxbody

Established Member
i just picked up my car yesterday from my local shop who installed my kooks longtubes and kooks O/R X. they are 1 3/4 with 3" collector and true 3" x-pipe. (i only ordered 1 5/8 with a 2.5" collector and x-pipe, kooks sent the wrong headers ;-)) but thats besides the point. i dont have a nearly as much HP as your car but my car will be going on the dyno early next week to fine tune my tune. my numbers before are 456rwhp on a mustang dyno. if youd like, i could post up my results on the HP gain?

Last edited:

fendawg12

Established Member
oh hell yea man that would be great! im def getting the headers i just need to choose between kooks or bassani. sucks their the two most expensive but i want the best. oh yea and how much if you don't mind saying was the kooks headers and x-pipe with install?

91foxbody

Established Member
i dont mean to hi-jack youre thread but these are the kooks 1 3/4" with 3" collector and kooks true 3" O/R X-pipe and they have EXCELLENT ground clearance.

sorry its dirty, it was raining when i picked it up and drove it home
DSC00072.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

Last edited:

91foxbody

Established Member
oh yea and how much if you don't mind saying was the kooks headers and x-pipe with install?

my install was $750:shrug: but to me it was totally worth it! i have a buddy with a lift that i can use anytime i want and all the air tools needed, but i wanted to save me and my friend the hassel of dropping the k-member and a weekend of pain.

the shop i used said he has installed about 5 sets of headers on 99-04 4V's and my set of kooks were the easiest and best fitting set he has ever dealt with and installed. (he said he had installed bassani, slp's and mac headers).. just food for thought.

svt2ner

Established Member
Kooks 1 5/8 and their x pipe, or the arh 1 5/8 with their x pipe or a lethal x pipe.

fendawg12

Established Member
yea foxbody those pics are great man and th clearence really is better than i thought because ppl have said the the kooks L/T's hang pretty low. another thing is i keep hearing that the kooks are a bitch to put in and now your guy said there easy lol. idk maybe they were trying to do it themselves. either way im paying to get it done so it won't be my problem. thanks for the pics again and i can't wait to see your dyno! i'm mostly going for the sound but even a 10 hp gain would put be over 600rwhp!!

Users who are viewing this thread