I Have Bad News! (MSC)

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Over the past two months a new shop on the southside of Chicago has been expressing great interest in our little event. They were asking about sponsoring before we even knew we were going to try to get sponsors.

When we set up levels of sponsorship they went straight for title sponsor, saying the amount would be no problem. Once the event kept growing we decided to up that amount, since it was never official. Well, after talking for a month about the new amount I got this today...

"...is more than we are willing to invest at this time. If you had more deposits and commitments for the magazine it would be a possibility."

So, out of the 140ish people on all the boards that expressed great interest, we have a total of 40~ comitted. And people were asking us why we wanted them to sign up. So because of the lack of comittment by everyone we lost a couple thousand dollars that would have gone to making the event better, and cheaper.

Even though they decided against being the title sponsor I appreciate their interest in out event. So I'll toss them a plug. If anyone in the Chicagoland area is looking for a Mustang shop for installs, or custom SCT dyno tuning, check out Sutton High Performance. They just opened up Jan. 1st, and by the sounds of it are going to be very successful. Thanks for your efforts Randy.

If you guys never planned to sign up and actually go to the event, then why did you say you would in the early talk about the event? It doesnt make sense. It's like many of you are all talk. Go sign up so we can prove to our sponsors that there will be a lot of cars there and a lot of people. Like everyone said a month or two ago, what would be more fun than tons of SVT's and mustangs together??

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Where is this place?

Thanks,
Dana
Sorry for the delay Dan

Ask for Randy Mohrbach, tell him Hank sent you.
Sutton High Performance
21315 Central Ave.
Matteson, Il 60443

Last edited:

PETSNKE

Established Member
Are they located within Sutton Ford?

That's real close to my house and I've never heard of them. Too bad they dropped out as a sponser, it would have really put them on the map with us performance enthusiasts.

Users who are viewing this thread