I have a few questions regarding springs and such...

Crazzy_Al

One bad ass Goombah!!
Established Member
So, here's my dilemna. When I bought my Cobra the car was plagued with terrible ass sag and the front end looked as if the car was always doing a hard launch or I had a dead body or 2 in the trunk. :lol: This is a very common problem with the 99 and 01 Cobras...and GTs for that matter. So, being that I was new to the whole "performance" end of car mods, I ordered the only Eibach springs that were available for the Cobra...the ProKit. I ordered this kit without thinking about the ass end of the car already having Koni Adjustable Coilovers out back. The difference bewteen the ProKit and the Sportline kit (aside from the Sportline sitting much lower) was that the Sportline kit would not fit the Cobra...solely because the Cobra has an IRS.

So, what I need to know is:

1.) Can or should I have the front springs cut to get the front end even lower? (not going for the lowrider look here, I just want to make the car look and ride even more aggressive)
2.) How much should I cut if I want to drop another 3/4" - 1" or so?
3.) Who do you know that might be able to do this for me (I have lack of cutting tools and expertise on this matter)
4.) Would anybody be willing to trade their front Sportlines for my ProKit springs. (Do you think that your car is too low up front?)
5.) Is anybody looking to buy some BRAND NEW Eibach ProKit REAR springs? They have never been out of the box!

The ProKit is said to give you a 1.25" inch brop or so...

Here is how the car sits right now...

653652_138_full.jpg

I have a little bit more room to lower the ass end via the Coilovers if need be.

And here is how the car sat before I threw the front springs on and adjusted the rear a bit...

653652_17_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread