I have a favor to ask from everyone *Please Come In*

kansasCityGt

Established Member
I know I haven't been on here to long. I lurk more then I post. But a passion of mine is cycling. There is a sponsored ride here in Kansas City that is called Sunflower To Roses, Welcome to Sunflowers to Roses The proceeds go to the LIVESTRONG foundation, KU Med Center and Cancer Action of Kansas City. I'm all about raising money and supporting a good cause. The reason this hits home for me is because I too have been effected by cancer. My dad battled cancer back in 1998. It was a short fight, but he fought hard. Unfortunantly the cancer fought harder. His death took a rather large tole on my family. I spent many years bitter. It wasn't until the last couple of years that I've opened up about it. I personally was born with a liver disease that so far has no cure. I've gone though treatments twice now. There were times I thought I had it rough, knowing others had it much worse, I sucked it up. Something I've said before, "We may never find a cure for cancer, but we can always support those effected by it."

I know I'm a little behind when it comes to this particular fundraiser. I just found out about it today and the ride is August 15th. Regardless of what is raised, I'm still riding in it. Just know, every gift, no matter how small or how large is appreciated.

This is my sponsor page
http://public.eventunited.com/kcsc/SunflowerstoRoses/Fundraising.aspx?uid=29135

Sunflower to Roses page
Welcome to Sunflowers to Roses

KU Cancer Center
The University of Kansas Cancer Center

LIVESTRONG foundation
LIVESTRONG.org

Cancer Action
Cancer Action

Again, Thank you all very much.

-Gianni-