i have a dynamat question...

20psirabbit

Established Member
so when i did my sub box/rear seat delete, we dynamatted from the firewall back to the rear "wall" where the back seat used to sit up against. the problem is there's a port in the front of my delete for the stereo sound, and all the drivetrain noise from the delrin and aluminum irs hardware is rather loud in the cabin now compared to when the back seat was there.
my question is, how much more would it get quieted down if i went ahead and dynamatted from that rear "wall" where the back seat back used to sit all the way back through the trunk and rear wheel wells?

a couple pics for reference

1268766029.jpg

1268766048.jpg

and the way it is now, the sub box/seat delete. although in this picture you can't see the port, it gives you an idea of what i'm talking about :)

1271478033.jpg

everything you can see there is matted. everything you can't see rear of there isn't. basically, i don't mind matting the trunk, but just don't want to do it and there's no difference in drivetrain noise.
what do the dynamat gurus think?

SBTerminator

Established Member
Dynamat will help isolate some of the noise, but not sure to what degree. I've used Dynamat in the past and did my Explorer all the way from the ceiling to floor, and all the sides. Thing was not only almost soundproof, but also made it feel more solid.

Jefe

Established Member
Is dynomat the preferred sound deadening material these days? Stuff is expensive....Did you do your doors? And what aluminum IRS hardware is there? Did the delrin cause more noise over rubber? Sorry for all the questions

20psirabbit

Established Member
I used dynamat although I know there are others, but I think the cost is fairly similar. Yes we also did the doors. The aluminum and delrin rear mods are listed in my sig, and yes the delrin and aluminum transmits more driveline noise into the car as it doesn't eat up noise like the stock rubber does. But the performance is much better, so the trade off is more than worth it.

20psirabbit

Established Member
i agree i'm not thrilled with making my car heavier. but at the same time when you spend 4k on stereo, a little weight>rattles :)

Users who are viewing this thread