I have a budget of $10,000 -- Let the mods begin!

Swaie

Established Member
The cobra is just bad ass car...why keep a gt when you. Can get a cobra get real! Throw 10000 at a gt....nah

Swaie

Established Member
I put down 423rwhp, and still would rather have a cobra...at the end of the day you have a supercharged gt...I have a supercharged bullitt...That guy has a Cobra...I know we are loyal to the GT's but lets get real...Cobra's are better!

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Built shortblock, trick flow heads, blower cams, good intake, blower, fuel system to keep up. Thats all your money but you should be in the 5-6 range. Then start saving for trans upgrades and rear upgrades.

I know none of you 4v guys have done any research.. BUT did you know my 2v heads are flowing better than your 4v? The new trick flow twisted wedge heads are the greatest thing to happen to the 2v world. Period.. Mine are ported an all... flowing 300.. 4v these nuts

Last edited:

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
lol all those cobra guys are just pissed because they paid 23,000 for their dressed up GT. i got a 2V that will wax all their arses. you have a nice car bro. just remember a 2v can make just as much or more power than a 4v depending on the mods you do to it. they are all haters. and by the way cobras have been going for pretty cheap lately.:thumbsup:

kcpgt2002

Established Member
lol all those cobra guys are just pissed because they paid 23,000 for their dressed up GT. i got a 2V that will wax all their arses. you have a nice car bro. just remember a 2v can make just as much or more power than a 4v depending on the mods you do to it. they are all haters. and by the way cobras have been going for pretty cheap lately.:thumbsup:

that is a very ignorant thing to say. a cobra is not a dressed up gt. a saleen or a roush is a dressed up gt.
built motor/irs/6 speed/ blower from the factory? how does this even compare to a 2v motor where the only way to make power is to add boost or spend a ton of money on heads. for crying out loud, the 2011 v6 will be making more power from the factory.

this is all coming from a 2v guy. I would have saved myself ALOT of money if I would have just bought a 4v car. Also alot faster lol.

ya a 2v can handle 700whp built

but so can a stock terminator bottom end

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
sure your bottom end could handle it but, your tranny, irs, and fuel system cant. ive done the math, 2v flow more with built heads, i rev just as high as you, you paid alot more than i did for your car, and when you wanna put more power down, you'll end up getting rid of that crappy IRS and get a 8.8 like me. and still having to mod out your car just like me. but we are not here to fight, you like cobras and i like GT's, everyone has a choice. he has a very nice car that has potential let the man enjoy it.

ModularFan

Established Member
sure your bottom end could handle it but, your tranny, irs, and fuel system cant. ive done the math, 2v flow more with built heads, i rev just as high as you, you paid alot more than i did for your car, and when you wanna put more power down, you'll end up getting rid of that crappy IRS and get a 8.8 like me. and still having to mod out your car just like me. but we are not here to fight, you like cobras and i like GT's, everyone has a choice. he has a very nice car that has potential let the man enjoy it.

:bash: YOU ARE AN IDIOT! 2V heads are so restrictive it ain't even funny. the t-56 very much well can handle 6-700HP if not slightly more, I will give you some credit about the IRS, they do suck once you get past 5-600HP range then yes, I agree in that perpestive, but everything else you need to get a clue.

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
ever been to the track, a stock tremec t-56 cannot handle 700rwhp launch on slicks, maybe rolling. now if you have a magnum t-56 or viper spec i could understand, but again you would have to swap it out, that stuff doesnt come from the factory. the cobra is a beautiful car but just a little overpriced for what it gives you out of the factory. now modded good to go, but your in the same ball park as me. now about the heads, go to trick flow,actually go to vt engines, they have 2v heads ported that flow more than ported 4v heads. and still wont pay a fortune to get them. put 1 and 2 together bud.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Ported PI heads cant compete with ported 4v's.. but they do perform well.. on the other hand..Stock trick flows out of box flow better than the stock 4v heads by a lil bit.. ported to ported the trick flows and 4vs are neck and neck.

So with that said.. if I can flow the same with a smaller head, less valvtrain crap, half the cams, ect ect.. the 2v's win that contest when it comes to trick flows IMO..

Yes the bottom end is garbage in the gt.. and yes the cobra bottom end is awesome and can handle 1000 hp on a safe tune, 1100 with pistons. No questions about that..

The t56 is far superior to the t45 ot t3650, no brainer also..

The irs in cobra does suck for straight lines, Solid is much better for going straight. The stock 8.8 in the gt still sucks IMO.. either way Im swapping in all new rear components along with a fab 9 so either way doesnt matter to me.

All in all.. for the fact of where my car is now.. I almost wish I would of just bought a v6 car.. I replaced every damn thing on it.. but stock for stock.. the cobra wins out to me.. for slight modding and quick hp gains.. the cobra wins again.. for all out building the gt takes over since the blower will be coming off and replaced with a turbo, the irs will be gone and swapped for a 9", the t56 will be swapped for a auto, the nice seats will be replaced, cage, ect ect.. basically ill be loosing all the stuff that makes a cobra a cobra.. so the money i spent initially on the cobra wouldnt be worth it to me in the long run. If I fully built a cobra.. the only thing left alone would be the block, rods, heads other than port work, timing cover , radiator and body..

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
Ported PI heads cant compete with ported 4v's.. but they do perform well.. on the other hand..Stock trick flows out of box flow better than the stock 4v heads by a lil bit.. ported to ported the trick flows and 4vs are neck and neck.

So with that said.. if I can flow the same with a smaller head, less valvtrain crap, half the cams, ect ect.. the 2v's win that contest when it comes to trick flows IMO..

Yes the bottom end is garbage in the gt.. and yes the cobra bottom end is awesome and can handle 1000 hp on a safe tune, 1100 with pistons. No questions about that..

The t56 is far superior to the t45 ot t3650, no brainer also..

The irs in cobra does suck for straight lines, Solid is much better for going straight. The stock 8.8 in the gt still sucks IMO.. either way Im swapping in all new rear components along with a fab 9 so either way doesnt matter to me.

All in all.. for the fact of where my car is now.. I almost wish I would of just bought a v6 car.. I replaced every damn thing on it.. but stock for stock.. the cobra wins out to me.. for slight modding and quick hp gains.. the cobra wins again.. for all out building the gt takes over since the blower will be coming off and replaced with a turbo, the irs will be gone and swapped for a 9", the t56 will be swapped for a auto, the nice seats will be replaced, cage, ect ect.. basically ill be loosing all the stuff that makes a cobra a cobra.. so the money i spent initially on the cobra wouldnt be worth it to me in the long run. If I fully built a cobra.. the only thing left alone would be the block, rods, heads other than port work, timing cover , radiator and body..

well said, but there is a place called pro motion drivetrain that builds a 3650 that can actually handle 750RWHP. but in the end we are in the same hole, when you want that much HP dependable. you are going to replace alot of things. having spent all the money to buy a cobra, then having to mod it will hurt you more than a GT. your right buy a V6. i had the money toget a cobra and some, but i choose a GT because the 2v has alot of potential that people dont give it. so im gong to prove it. lol im on my own little mission.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Got a buddy you should talk with on that promotion.. He just took the 4th one out.. busted like hell.. again.. and finally replaced it with an auto.. Whats even funnier is the hp he is making.. 490..

upstang

Established Member
I don't see how your 18 and have 10,000 dollars. I'm 20 and get 15 dollars an hour and have never had 10,000 dollars and i've been working since I was 13.

ModularFan

Established Member
I don't see how your 18 and have 10,000 dollars. I'm 20 and get 15 dollars an hour and have never had 10,000 dollars and i've been working since I was 13.

little something called saving's and not paying for jackshit.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
that is a very ignorant thing to say. a cobra is not a dressed up gt. a saleen or a roush is a dressed up gt.
built motor/irs/6 speed/ blower from the factory? how does this even compare to a 2v motor where the only way to make power is to add boost or spend a ton of money on heads. for crying out loud, the 2011 v6 will be making more power from the factory.

this is all coming from a 2v guy. I would have saved myself ALOT of money if I would have just bought a 4v car. Also alot faster lol.

ya a 2v can handle 700whp built

but so can a stock terminator bottom end

then why do cobra boys always want a solid axle?

and a stock 2v can make that power but it won't last very long lol

sure cobra's are nice and i would give my left nut for a sonic blue '03 but i think i'll stick with my GT for awhile and just buy a lightning and build that up to wax cobra's :D

Users who are viewing this thread