I Hate to Drag Kenny Brown Up Again

Davedacarpainter

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. I’ve read the previous posts on the KB IRS control arms.

Is there anything new about the current ones made by Heidts for KB?

I’m putting an ‘03 Cobra IRS into my ‘83 t-top coupe and I’m intending to modify the IRS so that I can mini-tub and fit 315’s.

I worry about that lower control arm with it’s spring mount, hence I ask questions about the newer KB control arms.

Do they align better than the old ones and are the better reinforced at the spindle attachment?

It’ll be a couple months before I’ll need them, I was thinking that the KB ones might work for clearances.

Blackbob04

Established Member
I have them in my car. I put them in a year ago. There is no mount for a spring you have to go coilovers

Davedacarpainter

I have them in my car. I put them in a year ago. There is no mount for a spring you have to go coilovers
How is the fitment of the arms? I was curious to how the second generation version fit up.

I read about the issues concerning the first series, I was hoping those problems had been resolved.

could I talk you into taking a picture of your upper mount? I have ideas for it, it just would be nice to see how someone else has already done it.

Last edited:

Blackbob04

Established Member
Well I also went full tilt boogie complete kit. You have to weld steel inserts in the arms. Also did my own custom coilovers. I run a 14” coilovers where most people run 10”

Blackbob04

Established Member
Send me your number in messenger it won’t let me upload the pics from my phone. I text the couple that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread