I hate not having a throttle cable......

Benchracer

Established Member
I went to the track last weekend to try and beat my pb showroom stock et of 12.85@110 and my pb with tires and tune of 11.99@112. First pass in stock form it went [email protected] but I knew it had a 12.7 in it so I went again and as always, I turned the tc and stability off, launched the car and halfway through first gear, the throttle shut and the car nose dived. WTF!? So I went again and double checked the tc and stability were off this time and it did the same thing. I got pissed but figured it must be the torque management in the stock tune so I loaded my tune and put my et streets on. It went 12.02@113, 11.98@111, 11.98@113, and 11.95@114. So it seems the tune fixed the problem.......or not. Last night I had a little LS1 that wanted to run on the street but he wouldnt let me run my ET streets. Well, it did it again. It launches good and about halfway through first gear, it just shuts down completely, then comes back to life and hauls ass. My only assumption is it has something to do with low rpm launches. Also, Its not bogging from launching too low. It is flat out shutting down. Hard enough that it throws you forward. Anyone else have this problem? I need to fix this asap so any advice or help is appreciated.

98ss88mm

Established Member
i sort of have an issue like that, but its no wear near that extreme. However, I dont WOT in 1st because of the hoppity hop. I did downshift into 2nd one time at 40, hit the gas trying to play with this SRT8 challenger and NOTHING happened. Never revved, just felt like the car shut off. All my TC crap was on, I assume that killed it.

Whats weird is, sometimes the traction control will shut the car down immediately but others i can do a rolling burnout through 1,2,3 and the light never comes on or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread