I Hate My Magnaflow Exhaust!!!!

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I recently installed a Magnaflow cat X pipe with the catback and I must say I am very upset with the sound voulme/ sound quality. It sounds very muffled dare I say ricey. It just sounds horrible in my opinion. It is very quiet also I must say. I have always been a flowmaster guy so maybe I am expecting too much? Since it has been decided that I will be changing the catback, what should I get? I am thinking either the bassani or flowmaster catback. I even considered the Mac. Any ideas? I want something the will drown out the blower whine a little and doesnt sound like its barking.

03DOHC

Established Member
HAHA! Definately sounds different than flowmasters. hahaha! Change to an H-Pipe. Never heard rice that sounds ANYTHING like my car. That's actually insulting.:bash:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
haha,,actually my friend has a twin turbo supra and his car sounds so much like mine that I have to change my exhaust!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
>...I must say I am very upset with the sound voulme/ sound quality. It sounds very muffled dare I say ricey.

Ha! Check out one of my responses about a month back: <http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23928&highlight=fart+can>.

> I have always been a flowmaster guy so maybe I am expecting too much?

I learned to live with it.

> Any ideas?

Spin Tech 3" Super Stock Mufflers
Dr. Gas 3" Synchronizing Crossovers

One day I will be set up like this...But for now, MagnaFlow.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
ya I was thinking about the spintechs,,,,thanks for the input ox!
You're not going to get rid of the "sound" you don't like if you stay with an X-Pipe.

BTW, a Supra isn't rice.

mnypit

Established Member
Here is an '03 with Bassani X adn Bassani cat-back. I was very impressed. MUCH more throaty and aggressive sounding than my '01 Bassani. The video really doesnt do it justice, much more impresive in person.

BASSANI

Steve

Last edited:

2003 Cobra

Established Member
My friend's 01 Cobra with the Bassani X-pipe with the Magnaflow cat back sounds raspy, which can be interpreted as ricey, to me. I didn't like that sound and opted for the Magnaflow X-pipe with the FR-500 cat back. My setup is relatively quiet for an old fart like myself.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I love the sound of my Magnaflow Set up. I have the JDM Longtubes going into a JDM X-pipe w/o cats and the magnaflow cat back and the car sounds incredible. Im going to try and post a sound clip becuase there were some interested in hearing my set up. I say stick with the Magnaflow just go with an X without cats.Black03

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I love the sound of my magnaflow exhaust,i have heard many different exhaust systems for the 03 cobra and i would still buy a magnaflow system if i had to do it all over again!:rolling:

lethal

Established Member
I love my sound... people turn and look in fear as I accelerate.

Well, its not that bad but it can be very quiet to outright obnoxious at WOT. To each his own, just make sure the give the current exhaust a good home if your determined to change!

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I'm very pleased with the sound of my Magnaflow. It was a big change from the B&B I was used to on my old LS1 but I definitely love the sound of the 4.6 through the Magnaflows :thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
BTW - Supra is made by Toyota - it is rice!
Rice is an attitude, not just japanese cars. You're going to tell me you've never seen a riced out Mustang? Must've been born yesterday if you haven't.

Let's agree to disagree.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Rice is an attitude, not just japanese cars. You're going to tell me you've never seen a riced out Mustang? Must've been born yesterday if you haven't.

Let's agree to disagree.

Good point there,,,I guess most people just tend to label imports with the "rice" term.

Users who are viewing this thread