I Hate My Exhaust!!!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea dude i don't understand why you guys don't like it... maybe i just like my car not sounding like every other muscle car. it has a nice loud tone to it

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
SpdShftn04Mach1 said:
i think maganflow is the last exhause to get, i hate magnaflow, the best exhause out there is either flowmaster or bassani...the Flowmaster American Thunder sounds pretty nice and a Full Bassani sounds good too

:poke: I disagree I loved the flowmasters on my GT...but I hate the sound of them on a cobra! I love my magnaflow/UPR O/R x-pipe sound! But thinking about putting a magnaflow O/R x-pipe on there! :D

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
yea dude i don't understand why you guys don't like it... maybe i just like my car not sounding like every other muscle car. it has a nice loud tone to it
The only problem Ive had was when I drove it home from missouri, my ears were ringing after 12 hours of driving.

PIXER

Banned
ChicagoMike said:
Bassani headers are going on my bassani catted X pipe and stingers soon... about 2-3 weeks, I'll let you know! I also have a rear seat delete so I can tell you that the drone from the catted X + stingers HURTS!

Mike
Thanks, PLEASE let me know. At least if I buy headers I'm gaining HP with my money, not replacing it.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I get compliments from guys on Harleys about how Nasty my car sounds from behind,,,it's ruthless.....Magnaflow's with UPR O/R X. Little to no drone on the highway too..i hated my flows on my 97 cobra because thats all i heard.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I think you need to listen to as many mustangs as possible until you find one that sounds how you like it and get that setup. Asking this ? here is like asking what pair of jeans is the most comfortable at work.

schropper

Established Member
postban said:
...yes

The several Magnaflow or Bassani suggestions above are dead on.
I had the exact exhaust you are currently hating. It sounded good for a while, then I realized it was all I heard anymore.

Currently have bassani mids, bassani catted x and magnaflows.

lose the stingers and you will be happier.

also :rockon: to kabooms praise of o/r h and flows, perfect sound (even if it is not the best for power)

I'm with POSTBAN, I have this exact exhaust on my convertible and couldn't be happier :-D

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
Stingers with Mac uncatted H is the way to go. Its like a sleeping beast at idle and mean loud!! at WOT but with a deep muscle car tone. I had the BBK X with no cats with the Stingers and I simply hated them!

PIXER

Banned
****************UPDATE**************

Well awhile back I got some Bassani mids, sounded better, until I blew out my cats and had to go straights, temporarely.
Hated it.
New cats should be here soon.
But I was in luck, I straight traded a board member my stingers for his S.S. Bassani CB (I need new screws for the baffles, so the baffles are out)

Sounds a little better, def. quiter.
Want to put the cats and baffles in, and I must need a new tune because I pop terribly on decel.
Just thought I'd let everyone know.

blake03svt

Established Member
69cobrajet said:
I don't have SLP/glasspacks.My current set up is Bassani mids with catted x,and magnaflow cat-back with MRT.tips.sounds good. Don't let the tips fool you. :burnout:

Do you have any sound clips? I have the same set up but with the Borla 14858 cat back. I really want to hear what the magnaflow sounds like with these headers and x-pipe.

blake03svt

Established Member
gmynko said:
I'm having Bassani mids and catted-X put in today - they will hook up to my Borla 14858 catback - should be interesting.

I have the exact set up you are getting. It sounds good at 2.5 grand and up but quitet under that. I like the way it sound.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I havent liked any of the bassani or borla stuff for our cars, sounds like crap, raspy and nasty, turns the head of every cop in a three block radius.

I went with magnaflow catted X, and magnaflow cat back with jba headers.
deep low rumble, throaty, that gets louder under throttle but not high pitched or raspy. idle its got a nice lw rumble and no drone sound at highway speeds.

after 2 years it sounds even better, deeper and still sounds like a v8, the raspy exhaust makes our cars sounds like a honda with a fart pipe.

bassani/stingers are almost the second loudest exhaust you can put on these things, yeah its cool for a few months then gets annoying as hell.

venum03

Established Member
I cannot imagine changing out my Borla 14858 exhaust that sounds great with an uncatted Prochamber...Plenty loud enough, but not Stinger loud...nice rumble sound and no drone, not to mention how good those 4" chrome tips look...Just gotta love it!

Users who are viewing this thread