I got to drive a ZR1

ScubaTermi

Established Member
Well I always thought that the Cobra pulled hard but wow this car was incredible. The power was very linear and seemed to pull for ever. I got to drive it on some open highway and let me tell you the car is mean. I don't think I could drive the car on a daily basis even if it wasn't 120k. but it sure would make a great weekend car lol. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day, just sharing my thrill :banana:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
My buddies uncle bought one and let us drive it with only 150 miles on here. I was litteraly shaking after the ride. Adrenaline was pumping. Not just shaking because of the power but of just how rare and expensive that car is.

You guys that have driven a ZR1 are lucky dudes indeed. I would love to be behind the wheel of that bad boy for just a few seconds. Some guys have all the luck.

Ralo

Established Member
They look awesome. A buddy told me he saw one in person the other day that was all black and it looked great. I'd just assume drive a cammed c6z with some juice though.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Definitely one of the first things I would buy if I won the Lotto. MMMMM. Time to daydream...

wjk

Established Member
I've seen about 6 or 7 driving here in socal. There becoming more abundant.. Never had a chance to ride in one but I can only imagine. Hopefully in 20 years the price of a used one will be in my budget. I also hope there is still some oil left so I can drive it!

stangaholic280

Established Member
Here you go...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6muw6pqzk_c"]YouTube- ZR1 Vette vs Jet! - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Races A U.S. Navy Fighter Jet[/nomedia]

Pretty neat video...it does pull on the jet from a dig...but once the jet gets it's wheels off the ground it's all over...what more can you expect lol!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Spend that much money on a Mustang and see how well it drives. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. IIRC, my Cobra cost me $35K new. Maybe if I dropped another $85K freakin' thousand into it... :pop:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
those zr1's are very badass and in the grand scheme of things are actually a HUGE performance bargain for what they're capable of bonestock. i'd like to pick up one used in the next couple of years after the bottom falls out in the resale market. because it always happens that way with gm cars - lol. they make way too many per yr and extend production runs for too many years. i bet you'll be able to pick up a used '09 for 65k in no time

Tkaugh29

Established Member
There is a nice blue ZR1 around my house, ive only seen it parked, never moving but its sick. If I had a ZR1 id never let anyone drive it! Lucky you gotta drive it

flyNbyU

Established Member
^^ I agree with snakebit... I'd like to see how a cobra drives with that much $$ in it... Nothing bad about the zr1 tho, it's a fine ride.

Last edited:

945LSTANG

Established Member
Spend that much money on a Mustang and see how well it drives. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. IIRC, my Cobra cost me $35K new. Maybe if I dropped another $85K freakin' thousand into it... :pop:

someone always has to pop in with the ricer math. :bored:

OP: cool story. ZR1 is definitely a badass car.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

An $85,000 mustang is still........ A mustang :poke:

Op your very lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread