I got to drive a GT40 today

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
well my day was made today... at our dealership we took delivery of a brand new GT40 in tungsten gray w the white racing stripes. well we needed to re-arrange all the cars on the show room floor to make room, and i had just gotten finished w a customer and was the only available person to move everything, but when i was told this they never told me why. well i moved the cars and i got out of the last car and there she was at the far end of out lot sitting there.... the GT40! i looked and said i have to drive that car to my GSM, and he said like any sensible person "no". when the guy who was going to drive it in was called to his office he threw me the keys and said, "you break it your dead." i just took a crap in my pants and had the biggest grin on my face. so i jumped into the car and started her up and off i went to park it. as i pulled her in i was barely revving it and almost instantly everybody turned and looked at me to watch this beast park, i had 5 people watching everything i did. i finally stopped the car. turned it off and got out. then they said you need to detail it and get the ropes and stuff to protect it. so i did that and then realized, hey no window sticker yet, so i got to sit in the car aging, and then i stole the keys after that to sit in the car aging. man i have always thought that it would be an uncomfortable car, but i was wrong!

now i must go and get one for myself.

ShortShift

Established Member
The night they sold ours, it came into the shop overnight. After the shop closed I was allowed to sit in it, rev the engine, close the doors to listen to the stereo. It seems so stupid, but it was all I could think about for two days.

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
Thats awesome man. A friends dad just purchased one. Should be getting a ride soon hopefully, might be able to talk him into to getting on it a bit. :rockon:

SGL

Banned
ID3Racing said:
man i have always thought that it would be an uncomfortable car, but i was wrong!

I guess we have a different definition of comfort. I found the seats to be less than desirable and with my helmet on, I can't sit straight up in the car. I have to lean my head over to one side. Bottom line, I don't fit in the car. I'm only 6 feet tall. go figure.

I have one of the seats here in my office and everytime I sit in it, just for shits and giggles, I am always amazed that these are in a 150k car. Right next to it is a Ferrari 430 seat. Now that is what I call comfort and excellent bolster support. Light years ahead of the GT seat in every respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
i think its the same one i saw come flyin down the gene autry way offramp. god i want one soooo bad now after seeing that car.

fordgt06

serpentnoir said:
I guess we have a different definition of comfort. I found the seats to be less than desirable and with my helmet on, I can't sit straight up in the car. I have to lean my head over to one side. Bottom line, I don't fit in the car. I'm only 6 feet tall. go figure.

I have one of the seats here in my office and everytime I sit in it, just for shits and giggles, I am always amazed that these are in a 150k car. Right next to it is a Ferrari 430 seat. Now that is what I call comfort and excellent bolster support. Light years ahead of the GT seat in every respect.
I am 6'4" and I fit in my GT Great. As far as the seats they Go with the Idea of the car which if you know anything about the original GT's they were race cars and Ford carried on the Idea with the new GT. As far as the F430 the GT will wipe the floor with it. The F430 is as all Ferrari's are strictly a Boutique car.

SGL

Banned
The bottom line is once the initial "oooh, Ahhh" settles in the Ford Gt is a miserably uncomfortable car. I spent 15~20 minutes riding in it and I was glad when it was over. The fact that I wasn't driving probably contributed to that perception. I guess if I spent 150k on a car I would probably convince myself that it is comfortable no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread