I Got the Fastback back!!!!! Holy cow its fast!

98Cobretti

Established Member
I have had my fastback in the shop for almost 6 months (guy was giving me a deal) which was waaaay too long. It was getting some finishing touches and fitments on body panels and whatnot. I just got it back and got to drive it for the first time ( the hood wouldnt shut before so I couldnt really drive it), this car is a beast! I am done exteriorwise, I am getting the seats reupholstered next week and I am going to get it over to superior to get the carb tuned next week if possible as well...if I get my seats back in time. I can't wait to rack some miles up so I can dyno this thing and see what its got! I will be posting results soon, as well as videos. Im going to be on the lookout for z06's and vipers now...hehe
heres a few pics of it right now freshly detailed...
Almost%20done%201024.jpg

almost%20done%202%201024.jpg

Almost%20done%203%201024.jpg

:rockon:

BPLS1

Established Member
:eek: :eek: :eek: Damn bro that thing is sweet. Im a CAMARO guy but damn that is bad ass. Hope my 69 CAMARO comes out as clean as your FASTBACK

SRV1

Established Member
Mean, lean, clean machine

DAMN! That has to be one of the sexiest Mustangs EVER! Very sweet ride! Makes me want to sell my 90 and get a 66 fastback.

James:coolman:

98Cobretti

Established Member
Thanks everyone! I am so excited to finally be able to drive the damn thing! Its been a long time restoring and modding it, about 7 years. I'm going to see if I can get it in a mag or two like Mustang and Fords, Hotrod, CarCraft or something once I get the seats finished. The looks I get in this thing are amazing, its like a magnet. Im definitely bringing it to Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show next year in April too. Thanks for the compliments!

98Cobretti

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra0393
Were did you get that hood. My dad would love to have a hood like that.

Nice car man.

I wouldnt recommend mine, thats why it was in the body shop for a while...it didnt want to close because it was a hair to short....lots of work, but I got it from mustang depot.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Looking really good there man. :eek: Very nice. I think it was worth the wait. Congrats :beer:

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Beautiful, I remember the threads you posted about it a few months ago and couldn't wait till you posted the vids

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
'98'

That is one the best looking Fastbacks! I had a 66 awhile back and my biggest regret was selling it! Seeing your's make me appreciate these cars even more! Thanks for the pics and please, please update us on your progress.

Christian

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
Originally posted by 98Cobretti
Thanks everyone! I am so excited to finally be able to drive the damn thing! Its been a long time restoring and modding it, about 7 years. I'm going to see if I can get it in a mag or two like Mustang and Fords, Hotrod, CarCraft or something once I get the seats finished. The looks I get in this thing are amazing, its like a magnet. Im definitely bringing it to Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show next year in April too. Thanks for the compliments!

another reason why I plan to go again next year to Knotts. Sweeeet car. That is one of my dreams is to get one. I honestly have never seen one this clean, espcially in blackl...that body is STRAIGHT! :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread